Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions (http://forum.bsplayer.com/feature-requests-feedback-suggestions/)
-   -   How to disable auto subtitle display? (http://forum.bsplayer.com/feature-requests-feedback-suggestions/11212-how-disable-auto-subtitle-display.html)

yevi 27th March 2010 11:06 AM

How to disable auto subtitle display?

I have a movie with merged subtitle file (via mkvmerge), when i start bsplayer it automatically displays the subtitle (so i need to press "s" to hide it), is it possible to hide by default?
I tried to set Default subtitle 0, in options but it didn't help.

Thanks.

BSPeter 27th March 2010 12:11 PM

Version/build of BS.Player?
Did you try to "[v] Disable embedded subtitles" (last checkbox) under
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Subtitles ?
OR don't you want any subs? Then first checkbox: [v] Subtitles disabled
:wink:

yevi 27th March 2010 12:34 PM

Disable embedded subtitles option completely disable subtitles (so i can't select the wanted subtitle from the context menu)

I just don't want to load subtitles automatically, I want to show them when I decide to do so by selecting the desired subtitle using the context menu.

xsonny 8th September 2010 04:19 AM

I have the same problem and it is VERY annoying so to say :mad How do I disable automatic subtitle loading (but switching them back on by pressing 's')? Cause "[v] Disable embedded subtitles" turns them off completely. BSPlayer 2.53 build 1034, codecs installed locally.

BSPeter 8th September 2010 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xsonny (Beitrag 42717)
...How do I disable automatic subtitle loading (but switching them back on by pressing 's')? ...

I don't think BS.Player presently supports this.
In fact what you're asking for seems a new feature.
I think BS.Player needs to load the subtitle(s) (in memory) in order to be able to display them upon the user's command.
So in that connection it is no solution to disable automatic subtitle loading.
Instead you want the toggle-switch [S]="Subtitles on/off" to be on "off" by default (whereas its present default is the "on"-position).
It doesn't seem an enormous job to realize and add such a feature I think.
That's why I moved this whole thread to "Feature requests...Suggestions"-forum, so that the developper(s) of BS.Player may possibly implement it in (one of the) next release(s).

xsonny 9th September 2010 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPeter (Beitrag 42718)
Instead you want the toggle-switch [S]="Subtitles on/off" to be on "off" by default (whereas its present default is the "on"-position).

Exactly! And I guess it will be even more convenient if users can toggle this feature by themselves in 'Settings'. Thanks a lot, Peter.

BSPeter 11th September 2010 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xsonny (Beitrag 42725)
...it will be even more convenient if users can toggle this feature by themselves in 'Settings'...

That's exactly what I meant too (i.e. to add as a new feature "Subtitles switched off by default" an option under Options > Preferences > Subtitles to such effect).