Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 5th June 2003
BS.Player Newbie

qubit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Some small requests and some bigger Suggestions

I've been looking for a good player with aspect ratio control, and I think BSPlayer will fit my needs nicely! I really like the way hotkeys are customizable, audio syncs just as well as in wmplayer, there's multi-monitor support (whereas so many apps hiccup or choke under my dual-monitor setup!) and more stuff I haven't played with yet. :-)

There are a few little things that would make it perfect for my needs:

1. When I right-click to get the context menu, but decide not to do anything, I left-click somewhere else. But this ends up pausing or resuming playback... which I don't want to happen if I'm only cancelling the context menu.

2. The default size/position in full-screen mode should be a zoom to fit... in whichever is the limiting direction. If the aspect ratio happens to be exactly the same as the display, then it should fill it; otherwise it should letterbox vertically or horizontally. I have a 16:10 monitor, and with 4:3 videos, I have to switch aspect ratio then manually zoom step-by-step with + and - because the default is to fit horizontally and crop the top and bottom. :? It would be quite helpful if an aspect ratio change (e.g. Shift-3) or full screen "reset" (default Num-5) would do a proper zoom-to-fit.

3. In the "Jump to time" dialog, I'd like the clipboard hotkeys to work... mouse right-click does bring it up, but I'd like to be able to use the keyboard for this. Then it's simply: Ctrl-J, Ctrl-C, Esc in BSPlayer, Alt-Tab to VirtualDub and Ctrl-G, Ctrl-V, Enter to jump to the same time position. (Switching between VirtualDub and a player on the same file is something I do often.)

And here are some things that I'd really like but can wait:

4. For "Jump to time" to have a frames box in addition to its hh:mm:ss box, like VirtualDub. And single-frame step hotkeys.

5. A seek-slider that can take full advantage of my display width. None of the skins are resizable; their seek sliders are a fixed width in pixels, which shortchanges me on seeking precision.

6. The ability to play at different speeds, where the audio speeds up or slows down to match (just a simple sample rate change... no resampling or pitch compensation needed!) up to the point where the CPU gets saturated. This is a great way to take advantage of modern CPU power and is actually quite useful!

Thanks,
David

Tags
bigger, requests, small, suggestions