Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions (http://forum.bsplayer.com/feature-requests-feedback-suggestions/)
-   -   precaching? (http://forum.bsplayer.com/feature-requests-feedback-suggestions/2421-precaching.html)

Maxell 28th August 2003 02:13 AM

precaching?

is it possible to make the player precache the movie (i didnt find the feature, so i figured i'd put it in the request forum). The thing is I use wireless connection to my main access point, and even tho I can copy a 700mb movie over to my comp in 40 min, when i play directly from a remote computer, the playback is jerky. If there would be a precache feature (even better if u can adjust the cache size :) ), it would eliminate that kind of problem. It would also prevent the jerky playback from a crappy cd. Thank you.

trodas 28th August 2003 06:12 PM

What about a upgrade to 802.11g standard to get decent connection speed? :wink: 8)

IMHO nobody playing movies from CDs, too noisy. Well, maybe few freaks, who either don't have ears AND space on drive, or using DriveSpeed to slow the spinning down. :wink:

Just my opinion.

trodas 5th September 2003 11:18 AM

But on second though, a little pre-caching won't hurt, is its easy to do... :wink: :oops:

JFZ 11th March 2004 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trodas
What about a upgrade to 802.11g standard to get decent connection speed? :wink: 8)

Hmm...yeah...but I like to use my Laptop without an external antenna and the integrated WiFi-Module of all Centrino-Laptop is only 11MBit...

such a precaching function would be really great. Usually, I have Movies on my stationary PC but sometimes I want to use my Laptop to watch them...

I think a cache size of 1MB-8MB (or of course more...) could be a great advantage. It would ensure a smooth playback also if the connection has sometimes a performance drop.

private 25th March 2004 11:30 AM

Cache would be really great. It would help with slow network connections and bad CDs or even AVIs played from CD that have bad interleaving. It would ALSO be great for multi-CD movies for gapless playback! ;)

Also, someone mentioned playing CD-s is noisy. Use DriveSpeed that comes with Nero. Does the trick.

cybertron 12th June 2004 01:19 PM

i'd love if bsplayer could do precaching.

if you have traffic on your network/LAN the avi file though would run smoothly.

please make this option available :)

cheers

ps: bsplayer = favourite

gircobain 12th June 2004 03:15 PM

I must say I'm rather interested in a gapless play of multiple cds feature :roll:

broesel 20th July 2004 10:05 PM

Yeah, I will very like this feature, too! If I'm watching over WiFi, there are sometimes little breaks in playing, but wifi 11mbit/s should be fast enough, generally.
Second, if i'm playing a smaller file (200mb) from cd-rom, I would like to have a cache in this size. With a such big cache, my noisey cd-rom has only to read for about a few minutes, after this time I could enjoy the movie without any noise.
So I like to have a cache as big a like, from 1mb to maybe 200mbs. I also like to have a setting of minimal cache size in minutes. If cache goes unter this limit, the playback should stop and fill the cache again.

anotheruser 21st July 2004 01:30 AM

I must say I agree with gircobain. This rather annoying gap between movie clips would be GREAT to get rid of :roll:

Matimott 21st July 2004 08:05 AM

Same as gircobain :)

private 23rd July 2004 02:04 PM

still waiting for that feature...

it would make BSPlayer one bitchin' player! :lol:

JFZ 9th September 2004 07:39 AM

Seems to be the killer feature in the Pro-Version of BSPlayer.

I think, the "network file buffering"-Feature is exactly what I wanted....

Mat2000 9th September 2004 08:09 PM

Yes Network buffer will do the job.
Only Avaible in BSplayer Pro version.

ccaprar 5th December 2004 11:59 PM

Yes, IF THAT FEATURE WOULD WORK.... CURRENTLY, THE PLAYER SIMPLY CRASHES, EVEN IN THE LATEST BUILD.