Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 4th August 2002
BS.Player Newbie

jerome is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skip commercials

I am using BSPlayer to watch TV programs I am recording on my PC.

Skipping commercials is easy to do, but this would be even easier if there was a way to do a temporal jump with a predefined value (let say each jump move 20 seconds forward, this value being set on the properties dialog).

Less important, but nice to watch TV recorded Divx, it would be great to be able to have a desinterlace filter in BSPlayer. This second request is not critical though.

Thanks for this great player,

Jerome
Old 5th August 2002
BS.player Regular User

Smarties is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Skip commercials

How about if you simply EDITED your DivX movie so to cut the commercials out?!
This can be done in less than 5 minutes using the program VirtualDub

Guides for using it can be found here.

Nevertheless I agree it would be cool to be able to skip a predefined time value forward with BSPlayer. Cool, but not urgent.

Finally for the deinterlace filter, it's again the same: you should EDIT your movie and FIX it instead of needing to use a filter every time... after all, that's one of the biggest advantages of having video recorded digitally!

Cheers, Smarties :P
Old 5th August 2002
BS.Player Newbie

jerome is an unknown quantity at this point

> How about if you simply EDITED your DivX movie
> so to cut the commercials out?!

I don't really like this idea. If I record something from the TV to my HDD, this is often to just watch once, and then delete. I don't see the point of spending 5 or more minutes doing some video editing to remove the commercials. I want to watch the file as is, and just jump the commercials in a convenient way. Today, I have to be on the computer, clicking in the time line. With a configurable jump, I could map this function to one of the key of my remote control, and life would be WONDERFUL! :D

> Finally for the deinterlace filter, it's again the same:
> you should EDIT your movie and FIX it instead of
> needing to use a filter every time...

Same answer here... Why should I spend some time preprocessing the data when I plan to watch the file only once? If my CPU is fast enough, on-the-fly data processing is the best way to go.

Thanks,

Jerome
[/quote]

Tags
commercials, skip