Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 21st February 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Travail101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vorbis 5.1 Downmixer

Ok, so, i was watching a rip i did of LXG with 5.1 vorbis audio, and seeing as how i have only a 4 channel speaker setup i wasn't expecting it to be perfect, however, the background channels were considerably louder than the front channels so voices were very difficult to hear, if i can fix this with filters or plugins feel free to tell me how, i've got the Tobias OggDS 9.9.5 for the OGMs, and the Full Matroska Pack with CoreVorbis and MatrixMixer for the mkv's

what i'm looking for is something like what winamp has, just in case you're not familiar, i will elaborate, in Winamp you go to the Nullsoft Vorbis Decoder (v1.35) and there's a Multichannel tab where you can have winamp pass the full 5.1 audio to the soundcard, or downmix it to 4 channels, 2 channels or mono, it even has 2 source channel order options (probably the AIFF standard and the ITU standard channel orders, but that's just a guess)

currently as i understand it bsplayer doesn't even have support for vorbis, one must have a DSfilter, and that's cool and all, but the 2 filters available don't have the remap ability either, so, what i propose is that bsplayer add native support for vorbis and have a multichannel tab, or at least create a seperately downloadable plugin for this (if someone already has, please direct me to it) this would really make my day, as i don't like winamp for movies, and and Zoom Player is kinda bulky and MPC i haven't tried cuz its not very pretty, all in all, i just really like bsplayer, the look, the feel, and except for this, all the codec/container/added feature support!

On a side note: about aspect ratios
(i am not too concerned with this so i didn't feel the need to do a whole nother post, but just in case... does anyone know why my DVD -> XviD/Vorbis MKV movies don't defualt to the rite aspect ratio in bsplayer, zoom and WMP don't seem to do this... IDK, i don't mind changing the aspect ratio to 16:9 everytime i play a new mkv in it, but, it would still be interresting to know what causes this)

Tags
downmixer, vorbis