Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions (http://forum.bsplayer.com/feature-requests-feedback-suggestions/)
-   -   Things I definitely wouldn't mind as additions. (http://forum.bsplayer.com/feature-requests-feedback-suggestions/424-things-i-definitely-wouldnt-mind-additions.html)

edv 12th August 2002 07:46 AM

Things I definitely wouldn't mind as additions.

1. Opening files from network shares (\\machine\share\file.avi) without mapping a drive (right now BSPlayer crashes when attempting this).
2. The ability to press a key (or select a menu option), type a word (or phrase), and have BSPlayer search the current subtitle text for that phrase, then jump to that spot in the video (this would be a feature I have never seen anywhere else, in any player).
3. Commands (and keyboard shortcuts) for "move back X seconds" and "move forward X seconds," where X is configurable.
4. The ability to force any seek command (a click on the GUI bar, the "jump to time" command, or the keys from suggestion #3) to jump to the nearest keyframe.
5. I would love to be able to hold down a key (or a mouse button) and have an on-screen bar that is the full width of the display (similar to the "Custom pan-and-scan" slider, but with more precise increments) for selecting a particular part of the video. Using "H" to bring up the controls and clicking on the slider is decent, but I would prefer to have a longer bar (the length of the screen) for more precise selection.

rm888 22nd August 2002 12:15 PM

Quote:

Using "H" to bring up the controls and clicking on the slider is decent, but I would prefer to have a longer bar (the length of the screen) for more precise selection.
Cool, I never realized that I can get the controls in full-screen this way! Thanks :D

trodas 26th November 2002 03:40 PM

rm888 - also into option you have a good hint for next good thing - Show main window on mouse move!!! :wink: 8) :lol:
It means, that when you just grap your mice, you get the window.
Is no this so coool? :P 8)

edv - actually, its not the arrow keys with their 3sc back/forward are enought for ya? :roll:
Then learn how to hit it faster, dude!!!
I can hit it that fast, to i can roll quite a part of movie, so, what? This making BSplayer the player i using. 8)

goety 22nd December 2002 09:43 AM

there are fullscreen skins

who take care of the fullscreen progressbar,
just move your mouse down in fullscreen
and the fullscreen skin will pop open, like in WMP

download the skins @ bsplay.com

the jump to x seconds option is implemented in latest version,

searchin for text in subtitle and then jumping to that frame would be kick ass !! great idea.

Deadmeat 25th December 2002 03:52 PM

Re: Things I definitely wouldn't mind as additions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by edv
1. Opening files from network shares (\\machine\share\file.avi) without mapping a drive (right now BSPlayer crashes when attempting this).

Ive always been able to open files while browsing peoples shares using BSPlayer.. never seen anyone have a problem with this.