Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 15th September 2004
BS.Player Power User

Garet_Jax is an unknown quantity at this point
Default language decoding

Haven't found it using search:

What if instead of displaying "my movie name.jp.srt" BSplayer would display "Japanese" ? Wouldn't this be cool? Yeah 8)

I don't know how BSplayer recognizes which subtitles to load, but if subs are recognized, then I'm sure it can extract from subtitles name the part that don't match movie name.
Then it can compare that part (in the same manner as when comparing with movie name) with ISO 639 Codes for the representation of names of languages (Alpha-2 and Alpha-3 codes) --> http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/ert/iso639.htm
Then it can decode found language short name to full language name and write that instead of subs filename. (also it should recognize some non ISO languages. In ISO 639 there is no difference between Chinese Cantonese and Mandarin, maybe chi-can, chi-man and zh-can, zh-man?)

Optionally it could write all non recognized text after language name, for example I could name sub file:
"my movie name.pl.stare.srt"
and other
"my movie name.pl.nowe.srt"
and those could be shown as
"Polish - stare"
"Polish - nowe"

So, what say you?

I am Isildur's heir.

Tags
decoding, language