Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions (http://forum.bsplayer.com/feature-requests-feedback-suggestions/)
-   -   Chapter Playlist or Scene Cut (http://forum.bsplayer.com/feature-requests-feedback-suggestions/7157-chapter-playlist-scene-cut.html)

COUNTERpaul 24th January 2006 01:58 AM

Chapter Playlist or Scene Cut

Bsplayer is easily my favorite media player. Just about the only thing that sends me to another player (aside from the rare file that will only play in VLC) is Zoom's Scene Cut Editor function.

Here's what I want to be able to do in bsplayer: I have a number of TV show collections in .avi format and I want to be able to automatically skip the opening and closing credits of each episode.

With Zoom player, I can make a .cut file for each episode that tells Zoom to jump from one point in the movie to another and/or end it and go on to the next movie in the playlist at any given point on the timeline. This is very useful but I'd much rather use bsplayer as it is far more stable (Zoom crashes A LOT) and I love the way bsplayer handles subtitles.

Is there any way to achieve this functionality with bsplayer? If so, please let me know.

If not, maybe in future versions you could implement something. Maybe, using the already existing chapter files, it would be possible to add the ability to place individual chapters in the playlist so that if I, say, had a chapter for the opening credits, a chapter for the body of the episode and a chapter for the closing credits I could add only the middle chapter to the playlist.

This could also be used in any number of ways to play bits and pieces of any video file in any order. For example, if one had a video file with several short clips (short films, music videos, etc), one could play those clips in any order desired without having to change the actual video file at all. It would be incredibly useful.

If there is already a way to do something like this, please let me know.

Thanks.

POP3D 24th April 2006 04:19 PM

And also in censoring...

This is a very helpfull add to BsPlayer as it could be also used to censor some parts of the movies...

For ex : if there is any part of the movie that i don't want any one to watch i can simply select it from the time line and mark it as censored so the player jump this part automaticaly...

And it can be used to mute the sound at the censored part so i get to select between jumping the censored part compleatly or just muting the sound during it...

I think that would make BsPlayer the perfect player ever...

Please consider adding this feature to the programe , its very important...

Thanks

Tizio 24th April 2006 06:51 PM

Yes, probably this is one of the options that many people would have in the player..

Probably this can be done through a plugin with an option window where the user can choose the cut intervals to use for every movie..

Probably Rafke is able to write this plugin (it's really simple I think, since the only thing it should do is to read the current seek time and set the next play point based on the user's rules), but at this time I think he is busy with his projects (if I'm wrong Rafke.. here's a new task for you :wink: )

Otherwise if enybody out there is able to do so, can make a plugin by himself (and maybe to publish it here on the forum :) )

P.S.
Sorry Rafke if I always call you when I see a problem that a plugin can easily fix :P

BSPeter 24th April 2006 08:00 PM

http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?p=3247#3247
:wink:

Tizio 24th April 2006 08:18 PM

Wow, I missed that add-on! :D

Thank you Peter :wink:

BSPeter 24th April 2006 08:29 PM

I think it was made for version 0.86 though. As I'm no programmer (far from that!) I've no idea whether it works for present version and/or whether it is easy or complicated to perhaps take it as an example and create a new version.
:wink:
(I only remembered that I'd seen some similar request earlier)

Tizio 24th April 2006 08:48 PM

Yes, I read at least other 2 similar requests :wink:
It creates .bsi files for every movie and they are simple to edit manually..but since it took me 5 minutes to load a 200MB file (after that amount of time I stopped the process) I was not able to see how does it work..
I'll try again tomorrow.. I hope this is what they (and I) want :)

Tizio 24th April 2006 09:26 PM

Ok, tried with a smaller movie and it worked, but...... only with BSplayer v0.8x... and not in a simple way..

(I don't like it very much.. with not offence to the author.. it's a nice program and once setted it does its job :P )

POP3D 24th April 2006 10:24 PM

Tried it too , didn't work!

I tried this family player too and it work only in the .8 ver...

I used it with ver 1.37 , it didn't work...

And i think it will be better if it becomes one of the BsPlayer features and be used from the player directly , it just two simple functions (jumping from point to point on the time line autumaticaly or just mute it)...

If zoom player can do it then bsplayer can do it :wink: and i'm not going to use this zoom player , i'll wait till it become a feature in bsplayer as its my favorite player :D

Tizio 24th April 2006 10:31 PM

RafkeP, it's your time ;)

RafkeP 25th April 2006 10:59 AM

@Tizio
You have just made it to the first place in my girlfriend's kill-list :D
I will need to create a device for you like the Batsignal so you can hail me whenever I'm needed.

Back ontopic :
I think I'm able to come up with a censorship plugin, but I have to add that the sdk is not really made to easily take care of these things. (or I lack the coding skills). So my plugin will contain some dirty tricks to get the job done.

For the first version I'm thinking of censorship files which need to be created outside of BSplayer. (but I think we can all live with that).

But like Tizio mentioned: I first need to finish my other projects for BSplayer. I'll keep you all posted.

Rafke P.

Tizio 26th April 2006 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RafkeP
@Tizio
You have just made it to the first place in my girlfriend's kill-list :D
I will need to create a device for you like the Batsignal so you can hail me whenever I'm needed.

:shock: oops..sorry, I don't want to steal time from your social life :P
Please Rafke's girlfriend, forgive me :)

Mhmm, a Batsignal like device would be a great idea :D

POP3D 25th June 2006 10:26 PM

The scene cut in psblayer 2

Great job , bsplayer 2 is realy cool , but the scene cut option is not there...

i hope that this option can be added to bsplayer as it completly helpful...

thanks...

Tizio 26th June 2006 12:13 AM

Re: The scene cut in psblayer 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by POP3D
Great job , bsplayer 2 is realy cool , but the scene cut option is not there...

i hope that this option can be added to bsplayer as it completly helpful...

thanks...

RafkeP was really busy with his great project MoMoLight

Now he is almost ready to start to write the censorship plugin, but after that masterpiece I think he will take a pause from the hardwork :roll:

Let him some time and be sure that he will not disappoint you :wink:

RafkeP 27th June 2006 07:52 PM

Tizio is right : I was busy improving my hardware for MoMoLight.
I'm now satisfied with the result, but I still need to update my tutorial.

Since I promised to give this plugin a try I will start coding next week.
After this is done I will retire as a plugin maker: I respect and understand the decision from the BSplayer developer team, but I don't want to install the new free versions on my system anymore.

But like I said: I like to keep my promises so I will deliver.
(It will take a while because I already foresee some major problems)

RafkeP 9th July 2006 04:35 PM

Good news everyone : the first version is ready ! :D
I was in a rush to finish this so there will probably be a lot of flaws.
It was made in a day and I haven't tested it thoroughly.

This is were you come in : please test this plugin and let me know what I need to change.

The plugin is over here

To get it running put in the BSPlayer plugin directory and restart BSPlayer.
The plugin needs a file with the exact same name as your moviefile in the same directory as your moviefile, but with the extension "bcf" (BSPlayer Censorship File).

To censor a part you have 2 options : mute or skip.

To help you build this bcf file I wrote another application which you can download over here

Extract the zip-file to a directory on your harddisk and simply run the exe.
It doens't look pretty but it does the job.

How ?
Start BSplayer and the movie you wish to censor.
Press the "Start" button to make contact with BSplayer.
FFWD to the part you want to censor and press the "Censor Start" button.
Select if you want the part to be muted or skipped.
At the end of the part press the "Censor Stop" button.
Pressing the "Censor Stop" will add e new line to the bcf file.
In case you do not want to add a line move to a point in the movie that is before the point where you pressed the "Censor start" button and press the "Censor Stop" button.
When you have finished marking the parts, press the "Save"button.

I noticed it's not easy to get the correct timestamps but I don't think there is another way.

I'm always interested in how many people use my plugins, so if you do, please send me an e-mail.

Enjoy,
Rafke P.

Tizio 10th July 2006 01:33 AM

Thank you so much Rafke!
I'll try it as soon as I can! You rock guy :)

Tizio 10th July 2006 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tizio
Thank you so much Rafke!
I'll try it as soon as I can! You rock guy :)

It's amazing! I tried your plugin and I think it will be the answer to all those people who want to cut some scenes and/or skip opening themes etc..

The BCF file creation utility is really huge for what it does :shock: (but who cares? :lol: )
It will be perfect if you'll add an option to use "optionally" frames instead of milliseconds (but BSplayer developers have to add this function in the sdk first) and the possibility to edit the BCF files directly in your editor (once the file has been created it's possible to only edit it manually)
And maybe an option in the plugin to be enabled/disabled through the BSplayer plugins management window and/or through (editable?) keyboard shortcuts... :roll:
Am I asking too much? I hope no.. and sorry Rafke's girlfriend, I'll steal your guy for just few more hours :P

But it's really simple to manage.

For those who want to manually edit/create the BCF files, the rules to follow are these (really intuitive :wink: ):
1. You have to create a file with the exact same name as the movie one, and with the BCF extension:
Matrix.avi :arrow: Matrix.bcf
2. Then you have to insert/modify the information in this format:
CHENSOR_TYPE,START_TIME,END_TIME
Where:
CHENSOR_TYPE can be 0 or 1 (0=Mute; 1=Skip)
START_TIME is the time (in milliseconds) in which the chensor process will start
END_TIME is the time (in milliseconds) in which the chensor process will stop

Here is an example:
Think you have the Matrix movie with this name (Matrix.avi), you have to create a file called Matrix.bcf
Now edit your BCF file (you can use Notepad for this task). Now think that you want to skip the opening theme which lasts for 2 minutes and 15 seconds, then add this line to the BCF file previously created:
1 = Skip
0 = first frame of the movie = 0 seconds = 0 milliseconds
135000 = 2 minutes and 15 seconds = (2 minutes * 60 seconds/minute + 15 seconds) * 1000 milliseconds/second = 135000 milliseconds

Isn't it easy? :wink:

Now think that after 46 minutes and 54 (I know, I know, I could had used simpler numbers for the example :P ) seconds an actor say "S**t!" or "F***k you!" and you don't want your children (or your parents :roll: :P ) to listen to that.. Then you have to simply add this line to your BCF file
I'll leave you to do the simple math calcs, and I will only say you that it simply tells to BSplayer to mute (0 = Mute) at the given time (46 minutes and 54 seconds) for 700 milliseconds (almost a second since 1 second = 1000 milliseconds, just the time the actor took to say that words).

Your final Matrix.bcf file will have these lines now:

This way you'll jump after the starting theme and producers names, and you'll not listen to those words :D

Remember now to save the Matrix.bcf file and to put it into the same folder where the Matrix.avi file is located.

Thank you RafkeP! Your plugins are always the best :wink:

RafkeP 11th July 2006 06:40 AM

Thanks Tizio for testing and the nice How-To (even though you should have been celebrating :D )

I'll try to answer your issues 1 by 1

The BCFcreator is indeed uge: this is because I did not compile it correctly and just threw in some Borland libraries.
It was not my intention to make a BCFcreator, but when I started coding the plugin I realised I couldn't do without it.
Now that I know the plugin is working I can start improving the BCFcreator.

Using frames iso milliseconds would have been nice indeed, but like you say : the sdk does not support frames, so it would have to be connverted to milliseconds anyway.

What editing functions would you like ?
For now it is only possible to edit using the edit box in the BCFcreator or by using a text-editor afterwards.

I'm also in favour of keyboard shortcuts. This is what all my plugins are missing, simply because I don't know how to code them :? .
I'm still waiting on the EV_KEYPRESS to be implemented in the SDK.
That would make my life easier.

One more remark from my side : currently I use arrays iso pointers, so the the BCF is limited to 500 entries. Maybe I'll change it in the future, but when you want to censor 500 parts of a movie I think you should consider watching another movie :D

Rafke P.

Tizio 11th July 2006 09:06 AM

Quote:

Now that I know the plugin is working I can start improving the BCFcreator.

Good to know, thanks :D

Quote:

What editing functions would you like ?
For now it is only possible to edit using the edit box in the BCFcreator or by using a text-editor afterwards.

Well, after you create your BCF file, save it and then close the creator utility, you should have not yet finished to chensor the entire movie, thus you need to add more lines to the BCF file, but this time manually since the BCF Creator doesn't load the BCF file previously created when you reopen the same movie again in BSplayer..I hope you'll get what I mean :P

Quote:

I'm also in favour of keyboard shortcuts. This is what all my plugins are missing, simply because I don't know how to code them :?
I'm still waiting on the EV_KEYPRESS to be implemented in the SDK.
That would make my life easier.

Yes, it would be really easier that way, but you can still use global keys to hijack the keypressed, and to use them ONLY if BSplayer window (or BSplayer Movie window) is the one on top/with focus...this is the only way I can think you can do this..

Quote:

One more remark from my side : currently I use arrays iso pointers, so the the BCF is limited to 500 entries. Maybe I'll change it in the future, but when you want to censor 500 parts of a movie I think you should consider watching another movie :D

Rafke P.

Thanks, at least now I know I cannot add more than 500 lines :wink:
but in most cases you are right, if you want to chensor so many parts you should better don't watch that movie.. :lol:

Thank you again Rafke!! 8)