Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions (http://forum.bsplayer.com/feature-requests-feedback-suggestions/)
-   -   Users group can not run on desktop mode (http://forum.bsplayer.com/feature-requests-feedback-suggestions/7419-users-group-can-not-run-desktop-mode.html)

tjww 24th April 2006 05:24 PM

Users group can not run on desktop mode

For security reason, I always work on Users mode, and I found that I can not run the bsplayer on desktop mode, when I push "D" on the keyboard, I see the bsplayer sitll running, but I can see nothing on the desktop

I try to find the reason with regmon, but I failed, so please help me the check this bug, thx

tjww 24th April 2006 05:27 PM

btw, power users can run on desktop mode also, only Users group can not run on desktop mode, and it seems that Users group can not save settings

adicoto 24th April 2006 05:35 PM

Wich version of BSPlayer do you use ? Because newer versions are able to save preferencies in user folder (new added functin especially for this purpose).

tjww 25th April 2006 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adicoto
Wich version of BSPlayer do you use ? Because newer versions are able to save preferencies in user folder (new added functin especially for this purpose).

I use 1.36 now, maybe I should download the latest version

but for the desktop mode, doyou tset it?

adicoto 25th April 2006 09:41 AM

Sorry, but I allways use administrator mode.

Tizio 25th April 2006 09:46 AM

Hi tjww!
With v1.36 there were problems with Desktop Mode, read here

(probably the desktop mode will not work with user mode since BSplayer has to edit the registry values located at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop and probably other similar entries)

As like as adicoto I always used Administrator access, so I can't tell you if it worked for me with a simple User mode..
Maybe try to download v1.37 or latest BSplayer version (you'll be able to find the link in BSPeter's "READ THIS FIRST BEFORE POSTING" post. Remember that all version above 1.37 contain WhenU adware) :wink:

tjww 25th April 2006 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tizio
Hi tjww!
With v1.36 there were problems with Desktop Mode, read here

(probably the desktop mode will not work with user mode since BSplayer has to edit the registry values located at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop and probably other similar entries)

As like as adicoto I always used Administrator access, so I can't tell you if it worked for me with a simple User mode..
Maybe try to download v1.37 or latest BSplayer version (you'll be able to find the link in BSPeter's "READ THIS FIRST BEFORE POSTING" post. Remember that all version above 1.37 contain WhenU adware) :wink:

sorry, my questions waste your time, sorry

I will download the latest version to test it, thx

btw, I found lots of app do not support user mode correctly, the way I solve it is use regmon to find the regkey operation with ACCESS DENIED result, and the modify the key's previledge manually, hehe

For newbee, I always suggest them to run windows on user mode, else ....

Tizio 26th April 2006 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjww
sorry, my questions waste your time, sorry

Don't warry, it was not a waste of time, especially if it was of help to you.
We are here to help each other :wink: