Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 21st February 2006
BS.player Regular User

kevingpo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default QUERY: unicode support

I really like using BSPlayer.

I am wondering if in future will you support unicode? Unicode is a growing factor to today's software. Instead of developing separate software/language packages for different countries, unicode solves all that.

Please please can you support unicode in your next version of BSPlayer. I love BSPlayer. It's the best media player tool ever made!
Old 21st February 2006
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

What kind of support to Unicode?
Something like THIS (your post wrote almost an year ago)? Or are you having specific problems? If so, please let BSplayer team members know which problems need a solution, so they'll be able to improve unicode support.
Thanks
Old 22nd February 2006
BS.player Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizio
What kind of support to Unicode?
Something like THIS (your post wrote almost an year ago)? Or are you having specific problems? If so, please let BSplayer team members know which problems need a solution, so they'll be able to improve unicode support.
Thanks
Lol. Yes that was my post almost a year ago. Hmm, cool, BSPlayer does have partial unicode support, but it still shows filenames as ?????? in the playlist, and does the DOS 8.3 mangling of long filenames in the actual player... even when the filename only has 2 unicode chinese characters in it.

I guess it's better than not being able to play any unicode filenames at all. But it would be good if they got full unicode support now.

BSPlayer is the best player in the whole wide world.
Old 22nd February 2006
BS.Player Master

Yes, I totally agree with you..
I don't know if developers need examples to improve the support to the unicode format, maybe you can provide examples in which BSplayer lacks of compatibility
Old 27th February 2006
BS.Player Power User

J7N is an unknown quantity at this point

There won't be a complete Unicode environment (OS, all applications working with files, communication protocols) in near future. By storing data with filenames containing non-low ANSI characters you risk losing your data.

It's not that you only need WinNT and one video player. At some point you might want to transfer files via P2P, FTP or other protocols, store those files in different mediums to be then read on non-Unicode systems. If you or another peer on P2P wishes to search for those filenames, he must be able to (1) enter the special chars you have used, (2) cheat Unicode so that at the end there won't be plain question marks transferred.
Old 3rd December 2006
BS.player Regular User

Just wondering whether BSPlayer will be bundled with K-Lite Codec Pack ever again? They did drop BSPlayer 1.x because it lacked unicode support. Wondering if BSPlayer 2.x has full unicode support now? As in able to play a movie which has unicode/foreign character letters in the folder & file name of the movie.
-------------------------------------------------
http://bsplayer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=35068#35068
Old 3rd December 2006
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevingpo
Just wondering whether BSPlayer will be bundled with K-Lite Codec Pack ever again? They did drop BSPlayer 1.x because it lacked unicode support. Wondering if BSPlayer 2.x has full unicode support now? As in able to play a movie which has unicode/foreign character letters in the folder & file name of the movie.
I think K-Lite team dropped BSplayer from their codec pack just because now BSplayer free has an adware bundled in it

Anyway I think it has full (or at least half :P ) unicode support, I was been able to play movies from folders with korean characters.. :roll:

Tags
query, support, unicode