Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions (http://forum.bsplayer.com/feature-requests-feedback-suggestions/)
-   -   Explorer context menu modifications (http://forum.bsplayer.com/feature-requests-feedback-suggestions/8609-explorer-context-menu-modifications.html)

robome 6th November 2007 08:47 PM

Explorer context menu modifications

Hello,

I'd like to get rid of the "Enqueue in BS.Player" entry in the explorer context menu for registered files and additionally "Play with BS.Player" for normal folders. Always striving for simple and short context menus I wasn't able to remove above entries permanently. I can remove them via regedit but upon start of BS.player it adds it again.

I was looking for an option where I can choose if and which context entries are added. Maybe I've overlooked it, then please direct me there. If there's nothing like that, I'd like to see that in future versions of BS.player.

Regards,
Robert

LeaVer 18th February 2008 07:13 PM

Re: Explorer context menu modifications

I agree completely with you, BS.Player should have an option to disable these context menus.

:?

It’s really annoying when any program try to add some things on the O.S. without ask if the users really want them.

If this kind of things will keep happening, BS.Player soon will become another QuickTime or RealPlayer… Pure trash!

Just a suggestion for the Webteh developers: Try to keep this excellent software light as usual, improve video/audio features and O.S. compatibility, if it’s necessary, and this program will continue as the best player in the world!

Regards, Leandro.

krakjen 6th April 2008 08:54 AM

Same case here.
BSplayer is already the default program for the associations I want to use it for. And no, I NEVER play/enqueue whole folders.

So it would be nice to add an option to removes the directories context menu integrations...

hojnikb 12th August 2008 01:26 PM

There is a solution for this problem.All you have to do is this:

-back up registery (in case you do something wrong)
-Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\BSP.Open
and delete this key
-Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\BSP.Enque
and delete this key

That should do the trick.

WhACKO 13th September 2008 10:35 AM

Removing the registry entries works, but they come back every time BSPlayer is restarted, there really should be an option to disable the context menu.

Tizio 13th September 2008 04:42 PM

What if you uncheck "Register extensions on player start" under File types preferences window (CTRL+P -> File types -> uncheck that option)?

WhACKO 14th September 2008 07:54 AM

But I like to keep that option on in case the file associations get screwed up, I just don't like the context menu to be there on every directory....

mykro 18th January 2009 05:15 PM

I agree on that. The context menue entries suck and BSPlayer needs a way to disable it. I always loved bsplayer for not integrating into the system too much. I don't like programs that slow down my computer... please make it possible to disable that.

Ico-man 19th January 2009 12:54 PM

BS.Player context menu

We will try to do it in 2.35.

Ico-man 2nd February 2009 11:47 AM

shell extensions

Implemented in 2.35 beta.