Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions (http://forum.bsplayer.com/feature-requests-feedback-suggestions/)
-   -   RAR files containing more files than the movie (srt, meta) (http://forum.bsplayer.com/feature-requests-feedback-suggestions/8953-rar-files-containing-more-files-than-movie-srt-meta.html)

jbravo 10th August 2008 03:29 PM

RAR files containing more files than the movie (srt, meta)

Sometimes, RAR'ed movies (mainly x264 movies) contain .srt files inside the RAR archive, which is subtitles.
Also sometimes, there is a meta, bat and exe for making the MKV into a bluray...

The problem is that BSPlayer wont play these archives... The mkv file itself, which is also inside the same archive, is uncompressed, so what im asking is:
BSPlayer shouldnt try to play the first file in the archive, but actually search for the playable file inside the archive and play that one..

Possible? :D

jbravo 11th November 2008 06:48 PM

Anyone?

BSPeter 11th November 2008 07:08 PM

With respect to the (rar-compressed) subtitle: did you notice the information on
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Subtitles > [Vobsub] ?
:wink:

jbravo 12th November 2008 08:15 PM

Thats not the problem, compressed subtitles in a separate archive works just fine...
The problem (BSPlayer crashes actually) occurs when both the MKV and SRT are in the same arhive...

Neither of them are compressed inside the archive. ("Store"-method used)

BSPeter 25th November 2008 12:12 AM

Maybe Ico-man's post in this thread is somewhat related to your issue as well ....?

jbravo 25th November 2008 04:03 PM

Not really, no.

My problem is that my rar files sometimes contain subtitles AND mediafiles in the same archive...
Problem is that the subtitle-file is "physically" before the media file within the RAR file, so BSPlayer doesnt recognise the mediafile. (e.g. an MKV file)

Understand now? :D

BSPeter 25th November 2008 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbravo
Problem is that the subtitle-file is "physically" before the media file within the RAR file, so BSPlayer doesnt recognise the mediafile. (e.g. an MKV file)

Quote:

Originally Posted by In the post I referred to Ico-man
....rar can have anything inside them. The issue with BS.Player is adding all rars into PL, even when no multimedia content is in them, will be fixed in next version.

Not somewhat related? I would think these two issues might well be connected!
Let's keep our fingers crossed and wait for the new version!

jbravo 16th December 2008 07:07 PM

Well, christmas version is out, my problem still persists :cry:

Ico-man 2nd February 2009 11:49 AM

subtitles in rars

Implemented in 2.35 beta.