Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions (http://forum.bsplayer.com/feature-requests-feedback-suggestions/)
-   -   Emule plugin for Bsplayer??? (http://forum.bsplayer.com/feature-requests-feedback-suggestions/9588-emule-plugin-bsplayer.html)

Walt Disney 21st April 2009 10:36 PM

Emule plugin for Bsplayer???

hello

can you make a plugin to work like the old vlc plugin to preview films in emule?

It'll help your player to get to be known better

P.S.

eMule Part File Access Module for VideoLAN Client (VLC)
This plugin helps in previewing eMule's partially downloaded media files in VideoLAN Client (VLC) Media Player. With this plugin installed, VLC skips over the empty sections of eMule's temporary download files and displays all available sections in one seamless pass without having to go through and process the garbage data in regions that are not yet downloaded, and you don't have to manually seek within the file yourself for finding the available parts.

eMule Part File Access Module for VideoLAN Client (VLC)

Tizio 24th April 2009 07:41 PM

Have you tried to set BSplayer as the default player for eMule? It works perfectly.
Just set eMule to first download the preview parts, then go to Options -> Files and in the preview field browse for BSplayer exe. Now as soon as you download the first movie chunk you can play the preview directly into BSplayer (be sure to enable the "Open locked media files (files in use)" in BSplayer general preferences)

Walt Disney 24th April 2009 08:23 PM

How long can you preview it?

A mere minute!

The plugin above allows you to preview what you have downloaded so far

So maybe you are downloading a 700 film and you are over 550 mb

You almost can watch everything

With Bsplayer you can only watch 1 minute and always the beginning ( the letters )

Tizio 26th April 2009 10:26 AM

If the index (usually stored in the last couple of chunks of the movie file) is complete, you can preview all the downloaded parts.
You can also watch all the downloaded parts if the index is completely missing, since BSplayer is able to rebuild it. The only case in which you'll not be able to watch the downloaded parts is when only the final section of the index has been downloaded, since BSplayer thinks to have it complete, and doesn't rebuild it.
I never used external plugins for eMule, but I always watched the preview of all the partially downloaded files with BSplayer. Now a lot of time has passed since last time I used eMule, but I doubt it stopped working like this in latest builds.

Maybe a feature to rebuild the index can be implemented in next BSplayer releases, this way if the downloaded file has not a complete index, you can choose to rebuild it and watch the entire completed parts without problems :shade: