Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/)
-   -   Playlist all files from folder and subfoder's with autoupdate (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/11479-playlist-all-files-folder-subfoders-autoupdate.html)

girder3.3.4user 29th June 2010 06:09 AM

Playlist all files from folder and subfoder's with autoupdate

Playlist to all files from folder and subfoder's with autoupdate?
Add files to folder or delete files.
for example play D:\Movies\*.* ?
Any chance?
Thank's in advance and sorry for my bad english.

girder3.3.4user 1st July 2010 05:50 PM

Simple example apply to Winamp
playlist.m3u
opened with notepad.exe
only write the path folder
D:\My Media Files
save

Winamp playing existing videos or mp3 in the folder D:\My Media Files

adicoto 2nd July 2010 05:12 AM

Have you tested same thing with BSPlayer ? Same playlist ? Or write a BSPlayer playlist ?

girder3.3.4user 5th July 2010 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adicoto (Beitrag 42205)
Have you tested same thing with BSPlayer ? Same playlist ? Or write a BSPlayer playlist ?

Hi, thx for you responce.
Test with BsPlayer and the software delete the playlist.
Test same playlist, also changing the extention .m3u with .bsl
Test write BsPlayer playlist (only save with .bsl extention)

This is basic to use BsPlayer to HTPC, pass directly over the network files, play from playlist folder and ENJOY ;)

I refuses migrate to Winamp. Help please :frown:

BSPeter 5th July 2010 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girder3.3.4user (Beitrag 42186)
Playlist to all files from folder and subfoder's with autoupdate?
Add files to folder or delete files.
for example play D:\Movies\*.* ?
Any chance?
Thank's in advance and sorry for my bad english.

If I understand you correctly you want BS.Player to either support a playlist with wildcards (*.*) or a playlist simply consisting of only a path to a folder, such to the effect that BS.Player would load all (media)files in that folder and in its sub-folders. In fact similar to the options/features which are present in BS.Player's main and playlist (rightclick) menus, i.e. "Open directory" respectively "Add directory" both with the option to "Recurse subdirectories".

Now, as far as I know, such feature for .bsl files isn't supported at present, so that I would advise you to post your request in the "Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions"-forum. If you want, I can do that for you.
That being said, as used to be mentioned in BSPlayer's-about box in the pre 1.x versions, a playlist is just a simple text file with .bsl extension.
The pre 1.x version example of the contents of such text file read:
c:\movies\The Matrix.avi
c:\movies\somefile.avi
d:\videos\myvideo.mpg
A simple way to create a playlist other than by using BSPlayer itself was given by Quietseb in this post at that time (2003).

What BS.Player does support is the option to "Always add all files in current directory to playlist". I didn't test yet if that feature also works if you use a bsl-file to start the player. If it works, the result is similar to what you want (except that it doesn't recurse subdirectories). I'll have to do some testing and then come back on this.
:wink:

BSPeter 5th July 2010 03:47 PM

Sorry, but unfortunately this doesn't work when using a .bsl file.
However, I also tested another possibility, which does work!
It is necessary to set the option/preference for Playlist "Always add all files in current directory to playlist".
If you want to play the files in a predefined order I think it will also be necessary to e.g. number them to ensure this order (this as the playlist will in fact be created "on the fly"; so that it will in fact also always be "auto-updated".)
Then create a shortcut/link to the first file you want to be in the playlist, e.g. "F:\Shared\movies\Firstfile.avi"; the name of the Shortcut then being (e.g.) "Link2Firstfile.avi"
Now you can play this shortcut in BS.Player.
BS.Player will auto add all files in the same folder as "Firstfile.avi" to its playlist.
Could you try?

girder3.3.4user 5th July 2010 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPeter (Beitrag 42227)
Sorry, but unfortunately this doesn't work when using a .bsl file.
However, I also tested another possibility, which does work!
It is necessary to set the option/preference for Playlist "Always add all files in current directory to playlist".
If you want to play the files in a predefined order I think it will also be necessary to e.g. number them to ensure this order (this as the playlist will in fact be created "on the fly"; so that it will in fact also always be "auto-updated".)
Then create a shortcut/link to the first file you want to be in the playlist, e.g. "F:\Shared\movies\Firstfile.avi"; the name of the Shortcut then being (e.g.) "Link2Firstfile.avi"
Now you can play this shortcut in BS.Player.
BS.Player will auto add all files in the same folder as "Firstfile.avi" to its playlist.
Could you try?

Thanks Peter work fine with files in same folder, bot the problem is i put 1 folder per movie and 6 movies in other folder
example
D:\Movies\DVD_140\Cop.Out.2010.DVDRip.XviD-ARROW\
Cop Out.avi
Cop Out.srt
Cop Out.jpg (poster)
Other problem BsPlayer add first avi file in playlist, i suggest first add jpg to see the poster and choice play movie or skip.
Thanks again and sorry for my bad English.

BSPeter 5th July 2010 09:24 PM

Does BS.Player show the jpg???:confuse:
Didn't know it could do that.
(P.S.:
I know that BS.Player shows thumbnails when using "Extended view" in BS.Player's Media Library though)

girder3.3.4user 6th July 2010 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPeter (Beitrag 42231)
Does BS.Player show the jpg???:confuse:
Didn't know it could do that.
(P.S.:
I know that BS.Player shows thumbnails when using "Extended view" in BS.Player's Media Library though)

Show all jpg files, with "Always add all files in current directory to playlist" and "Sort files"

Start with the last jpg in order alphabetical, continuos play without ending, solution click next and everithing it's ok in playlist

Rare only in this example if double click in explorer file agorra.avi
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/5167/playjpgfile.jpg

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/1...istwithjpg.jpg

Maybe a bug, bot the option to play jpg file is very nice to HTPC ;)