Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/)
-   -   strange problem with subtitles (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/11517-strange-problem-subtitles.html)

whiplash 9th July 2010 08:26 PM

strange problem with subtitles

for some reason, in some of my videos, it will say searching for subtitles, like its trying to search for subtitles online, cuz i dont have any subtitles for my download. it used to say no subtitles found, and still does in my old videos, but now it will say searching for subtitles, and if it finds the subtitles bs player completely freezes, and i have to use the task manager to close it. it still lets me watch a video, but i need to end task and start over if i want to watch another. sometimes however it will bring up a page asking if i want to download subtitles, i always uncheck the box and close it, in this case it works just fine. and the player always works fine if SOME HOW it fails to get the subtitles. i dont need subtitles, i just dont want to have to end task ninety percent of the time. and like i said, other videos i have, (under the same download) work fine. its like everytime it actually finds subtitles, it craps out. what do i do??????????

BSPeter 9th July 2010 10:01 PM

In several versions/builds of BS.Player there has been (and IMHO still is though I didn't test it very recently) a problem concerning the switching off of (trying to) download of on-line subtitles, which didn't/doesn't work exactly as promised by BS.Player-team.
Unfortunately you do not mention which version/build you're using.
However, if you don't ever need subtitles as mentioned by you, perhaps the most reliable method (also for older versions/builds) is to set movietime at its max as follows:
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Subtitles > [Online subtites]
Now set the value in the box "Download only if movie is longer than (min)" to 360 (which is the maximum accepted by BS.Player).
In future, unless your movie exceeds 3 hours playtime, BS.Player will not try to download on-line subs anymore.
:wink:

whiplash 10th July 2010 02:25 AM

ok i did that, and i even tried turning off the ability for it to download subtitles, but although it does not mention the searching of the subtitles, it does however still lock up and make me go to task manager, so i dont have a clue whats wrong.

BSPeter 10th July 2010 12:07 PM

Maybe you could reveal some information.
E.g. version/build of BS.Player (Free/Pro).
Your PC's OS; if Vista/7 is UAC active?
BS.Player installed with all default settings or ...?
Any codecpacks:eek: installed? (I've always advised against installing codec-packs!) Did you allow BS.Player to download/install (internally=for use by BS.Player only) its preferred filters/codecs upon installation?
Type of video when problem is there?
Filters used for problematic videos?
For that last question:
With a file loaded (rightclick >) Options > Filters > Advanced
Note: click on the small [+]-signs in front of the codecs/filters to otain further info and access.
:wink: