Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/)
-   -   MP4 File's not working! (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/2388-mp4-files-not-working.html)

Guesty 23rd August 2003 07:38 PM

MP4 File's not working!

I've been getting the same error for a while on an MP4 file. It is "unkown file type()" thats right! it gives me no file type! Quicktime runs the file but it runs crappy and i can't get BSplayer to run it. I've tried things like FFDShow and Xvid. Anyone know any other ways to fix this?

raff 23rd May 2004 03:29 PM

3ivx allows MP4 playback. Still got choppy video though.

Install the 3ivx codec. It comes with an MP4 splitter and can handle 5.1 channel AAC. I'm a recent convert to BS Player so I can't tell you much about the filter options.

Playback will probably be crappy in BS Player too - I've made a bunch of MP4 files from various DVDs and none of them play back perfectly. With scenes which have a lot of motion I get choppy video in Media Player Classic and in BS Player. It may be related to how I make the MP4 files (Foobar 2000 to convert AC3 into an MP4 container and MP4UI to mux in the compressed AVI) but I can't find a better way right now. Still experimenting.

bscd 24th May 2004 02:56 PM

Perhaps bit offtopic, but MP4 still...

Do you happen to know other players for .3gp files than Philips Platform4 player? I tried those with 3ivx codec but it was too crappy and buggy ...and no audio.

(3gp = videos made with smartphones like Nokia 7650)

raff 24th May 2004 09:07 PM

AAC + AVI > MP4 with no crappy playback!! Don't use MP4ui

No offence intended to the person who made MP4ui, but I definately don't recommend that anybody uses it.

Reason 1:
* I converted the AC3 to MP4 using Foobar 2000
* I open graphedit 9 and dragged in the AVI
* Delete the filters that appear after AVI Splitter
* I inserted a filter: Direct Show filters > File Source (Async) and choose the MP4 file
* Inserted filter: 3ivx D4 Media Muxer
* Inserted filter: File writer (give file the .MP4 extension)
* Connect the dots and hit play

Everything works a treat. A minute later you have a perfectly playable MP4 with 5.1 AAC and flawless Xvid encoded video. No need for MP4ui.

Reason 2:
The 4 movies I muxed using MP4UI are completely screwed up. If you extract the AVI, the index is gone. You can fix the index with AVIFIXED.EXE. (Search for it)
However, the AAC isn't recoverable. Graphedit crashes if you try to mux the AVI and MP4 together. It doesn't matter what you do [remove video from MP4 file, extract AAC to use by itself, stand on your head and whistle dixie...] you won't get the sound and video together again. Real Humpy Dumpty shit. Gotta rip the four damn movies again so I can extract the AC3 and run it through Foobar.

Go on... prove me wrong. Please. It'll save me a few hours.

bond 29th May 2004 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bscd
Do you happen to know other players for .3gp files than Philips Platform4 player? I tried those with 3ivx codec but it was too crappy and buggy ...and no audio.

(3gp = videos made with smartphones like Nokia 7650)

you do know that .3gp is not .mp4?

.mp4 files contain aac and/or mp3 audio, 3gp files contain aac and/or amr audio

if your .3gp contains amr you will need a amr decoder of course (should work when installing the mpegable dshow filters), 3ivx doesnt come with an amr decoder
if your 3gp contains aac audio (as some mobiles use) you can rename to .mp4 and 3ivx should play it