Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 13th November 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Till is an unknown quantity at this point
Default It lasted exactly 1 minute on my machine!

After years of using and loving BSplayer and looking forward to a 1 release, I'm severely disappointed :evil:

I know it's an RC1 release, but please, **PLEASE FIX** the rotten irresponsible *SACRILEGE* practice of screwing every media type file association and icon on a persons computer in one fowl swoop. This has pissed me off so much I feel like discrediting BSPlayer for life! Why on earth would a programmer be so irresponsible and why would someone want 1 DAMN UGLY PURPLE icon for every single media type on their computer? It's got me totally stuffed! This is something I would expect from those ncuts at mongrelsoft - perhaps the BS in bsplayer stands for BULLSHIT Player?

Every OS maker on the planet has spent thousands upon thousands of hours and dollars on making their GUI's nicer looking and user friendly. Countless people across the globe design and display their works of art icons for the masses to download and enjoy. This practice of a program sweeping across their systems and screwing up their pride and joys is a SCAM!

General usage -- This version should not have been labeled an RC1 release, it's far from being a release candidate - it's more down there with alpha software. Release candidates have all features working and may contain slight bugs here and there, their feature set is locked and bugs are ironed out. In this version, half the features don't even work at all. Version 0.86 is a much more mature and usable piece of software, you could have just changed a couple of small annoyances present in it and called that a 1 final. In fact this could have been done many releases ago it was that good! RC1 is the pits!

Enough for now, because I could just go on and on about how bad this program is, I'm so pissed off with it. I will not be installing version 1 ever again until I'm sure it has reached a more mature level, I'm not really into to fixing my computer every five minutes, those days are long gone!

Please BST, get someone with some artistic flare to design some nice 32 bit icons and skins for you and stick to the programming side of things - horses for courses and that sorta thing. And for Christ sake, *DO NOT STEAL* associations and icons on first startup and allow people to use their own individual icons for what ever media type INCLUDING .bsl files!

Tags
lasted, machine, minute