Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/)
-   -   Subtitles resizing on window size? (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/38384-subtitles-resizing-window-size.html)

Gilles 28th June 2022 07:39 PM

Subtitles resizing on window size?

Hello.
I'm having a little issue. I have 2 screens, one is for the usual stuff and the other is for watching videos/movies.

The problem is that my 1st screen has a resolution of 1920x1080 and the second one is 3840x2160. And when I play the video with subs in the frst screen, they have a normal size but are tiny (almost unreadable) on the second one. And if I resize them manually for an optimal size for the second screen, then of course they are gigantic on my first screen.

So, I want to know how to have it resized depending on the window screen. I know it's possible (I remember having done this in the past, long ago, but can't remember how) but it doesn't seem to work. Not anymore at least.

There's that option in the preferences => font size => "OSD size and automatic font size" / or "activate font size depending on the resolution". But that doesn't work at all. Nothing is resized. I tried it in every aspect.

I tried to test all the options using different video renders modes. Only one worked: the VMR7. However that mode had a crappy image, the lines were distorted... So that won't do it.

Any help welcome.

adicoto 2nd July 2022 07:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Doesn't "Enable font size according to resolution" do the trick ?
You can define sizes on different resolutions.

Gilles 2nd July 2022 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adicoto (Beitrag 88984)
Doesn't "Enable font size according to resolution" do the trick ?
You can define sizes on different resolutions.

Hello. I tried that, but no it doesn't do the trick :(
Maybe it's a bug... because it's what it's supposed to do but it doesn't work at all.

Could it be a conflict with some other settings?
My windows 10 settings for that screen is 200% for the text size. But it's still not changing.

adicoto 3rd July 2022 08:25 AM

I will try to test Monday this on my wok computer, as it is the same configuration.

Gilles 11th July 2022 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adicoto (Beitrag 88986)
I will try to test Monday this on my wok computer, as it is the same configuration.

Hello. Any luck?

adicoto 13th July 2022 08:10 PM

Sorry, had some busy days at work. Tomorrow will do the test

adicoto 30th July 2022 12:37 PM

Finally found some time to verify.
I can confirm that none of the combinations work.

Gilles 30th July 2022 08:21 PM

Hello. Okay, thanks for checking. Seems the software need some fix on a next update then. For now, I had to swith to VLC, I had no other choice.