Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/)
-   -   MSVCP70.dll Problem... (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/4023-msvcp70-dll-problem.html)

Greek_Friend 19th February 2004 02:55 PM

MSVCP70.dll Problem...

Hi,

everytime I try to load a movie I get a popup in title ActiveMovie Window: bsplay.exe - Unable to locate Component saying that:

This application has failed to start because MSVCP70.dll was not found. Re-install the application may fix this problem

I did reinstalled but still the same problem. Any idea ???

Thanks in advance :)

BSPeter 19th February 2004 11:05 PM

Seems it requires a Microsoft Visual C++ component.
What are your Windows and Direct X versions?
Already tried a Windows search for this .dll?
Anyone else who can help on this?
:wink:

xlv600 20th February 2004 02:09 PM

When using Dependency walker (freeware from MS SDK) I could see that MSVCP60.DLL appeared in the tree of BSPlayer.exe depencies. But even after having removed every msvcp*.dll out of my system, BSPlayer could play every movie even fully featured with BSI files, DFX winamp plugin, vobsub 2.23, chapters, divx5.11p, ogm, mkv, mpg, RM, RV9, RA8, everything works without those msvcp*.dll. I can't tell about XviD because I don't need it with DivX5 installed.
On my computer, BSPlayer.exe relies on kernel32.dll and user32.dll, bsrendv2.dll is not mentionned but should come from registry settings. How kernel32 and user32 relies on other DLL depends on what has been installed in your computer and what services are running.
Here, the dependency with msvcp was:
Code:

BSPlayer>user32>advapi32>secur32>netapi32>dnsapi>iphlpapi>mprapi>setupapi>shell32>oleacc>msvcp60 and
BSRendV2>advapi32>secur32>netapi32>dnsapi>iphlpapi>mprapi>setupapi>shell32>oleacc>msvcp60

I don't know what function loaded by your movie would need this DLL. I bet that an other player would give you the same behaviour. What ever the reason of your issue, it doesn't hurt to put the needed DLL in your system32 directory. A search with google would give you this one: Build 9064, for instance. 8)

Greek_Friend 24th February 2004 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPeter
Seems it requires a Microsoft Visual C++ component.
What are your Windows and Direct X versions?
Already tried a Windows search for this .dll?
Anyone else who can help on this?
:wink:

BSPeter,

I have found this dll into the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\VS Runtime.
I also copy it at the system32 directory but still the problem exists. I run WinXP PRO SP1 with DirectX 9.0b

Greek_Friend 24th February 2004 10:36 AM

OK guys, I found it
The problem is made because of the latest version of the FF DShow (2004-01-13). When I install the older version (23.05.03) everything works fine.

Quietseb 25th February 2004 09:00 PM

I'm not sure but |I would say you need to register the dll
start->run
regsvr32 msvcp70.dll

OR again I'm not sure (didn't check that) but I believe this dll is part of the .net framework... you could install the .net framework [ok that's a several MB download for just 1 dll in your case ;)]

--- edit: comment this out, I was not aware a new ffdshow was released this year ---
I would stick with the latest ffdshow version, I had trouble with previous ones (with movies encoded with latest xivds...)
--- ---

Greek_Friend 28th February 2004 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quietseb
I'm not sure but |I would say you need to register the dll
start->run
regsvr32 msvcp70.dll

OR again I'm not sure (didn't check that) but I believe this dll is part of the .net framework... you could install the .net framework [ok that's a several MB download for just 1 dll in your case ;)]

--- edit: comment this out, I was not aware a new ffdshow was released this year ---
I would stick with the latest ffdshow version, I had trouble with previous ones (with movies encoded with latest xivds...)
--- ---

Quietseb,
I did register the .dll before but it didn t resolve the problem. Also I have installes the .net framework but neither this helped. The problem was conflict with the newest version of the ffdshow.