Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 9th June 2004
BS.player Regular User

hazmat42 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need help with HWmaker!

I'm having trouble getting HWmaker to work, either because it has steeper learning curve or I'm just too stupid to figure it out. I was wondering if someone could list the file directory for an HWmaker bsplayer autorun CD that works properly, i.e. that plays the movie entirely from files on the CD. I'd like to know what a complete file list looks like. thanks.
Old 9th June 2004
BS.Player Power User

DragonFighter is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you mean that you have problems creating a standalone (playable) cd, which includes the necessary filters and files of BSplayer/MPClassic for the playback of the movie? :?

If yes, then download the installer version of HWmaker and...
Open the wizard of HWmaker. Check the last option. Hit next and then ok.
In the "settings" window, check the filters that are necessary for your movie (p.e: DivX video and Mp3 audio).
Now, make your ini file and when you are finished, click on the Save button and choose a location to save your compilation.
That's it.. Double-click on the HWlauncher and if you don't have the necessary filters for the movie, it will play using the filters which are in the "..\BSplayer\Filters" folder. :D

The main folder (root of the cd) will contain the below files and the "BSplayer" folder will contain the files, which you see in the pic "Ex2.jpg" and the "Filters" folder. The Filters folder will contain the files divxdec.ax and l3codecx.ax.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ex2.jpg (13.4 KB, 1334 views)
File Type: jpg ex1.jpg (25.9 KB, 1334 views)
Old 10th June 2004
BS.player Regular User

Thank you very much for your reply. I finally burned a working CD, but unfortunately, I am getting the same problems with your program as with everything else I've tried when playing standalone CDs on my other computer with Win98 OS. Still keep getting the "Unknown file format [XVID] error whether I use your autorun launcher or make a Cd of my own. For some unknown reason, BSPlayer cannot access the DirectShow filters in its folder on its own, and it only seems to find those filters if I run a separate .bat file to register the filters. Can't seem to understand why I keep having this problem. Any ideas?
Old 10th June 2004
BS.Player Power User

Hmm... I haven't got such a problem myself.. :?
Can you use VirtualDub or NundDub to cut a small piece of your video file (p.e: 1MB) and upload it here?

P.S: If you don't specify the exact directshow filters then BSplayer won't be able to load the video. For example, the video maybe has AC3 audio and not MP3.
Old 11th June 2004
BS.player Regular User

Problem is I've tried other xvid video files and I get the same problem, so
it is not a problem with one particular file, it happens with all of them. Paradoxically, divx movies with mp3 work perfectly fine, it's just the xvid movies that give me the headache. I'm pretty sure I have all the right specs on my computer. After all, if I install the player and codecs on the computer, everything works fine. With standalone CDs, I'm screwed.

I've made a few posts on this problem listing all my bsi info, cd structure etc, so if you are interested in taking up my cause, browse my list of posts, or at least check this out:

http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic....859&highlight=

It has a link to another post that gives more info.

In my next "experiment", I'm going to try to change the FOURCC code to divx and try to play my files back with divx 5.1.1. I did try using divxdec.ax without changing the FOURCC code, but when the video started playing, all I got across the screen was six thin parallel diagonal lines. I also found a few older versions of bsplayer, and I'm going to try those also.

Wish me luck!
Old 11th June 2004
BS.player Regular User

Changing the FOURCC code and using divxdec.ax failed, using older and newer versions than .86 b501 failed. I suppose there is something wrong with my bsfilters.dat file. Here's what I used originally (with the xvid.ax filter from most recent release):

[BSPlayer filter def file]
AddFilter xvid.ax,{64697678-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71},XviD MPEG-4 Video Decoder
AddFilter iviaudio.ax,{7E2E0DC1-31FD-11D2-9C21-00104B3801F6},InterVideo Audio decoder
AddFilter mpgaudio.ax,{51653990-57B4-11CF-8EB1-02608C9BABA2},InterVideo Audio decoder
[Video]
XVID={64697678-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71},XviD MPEG-4 Video Decoder
[Audio]
2000={7E2E0DC1-31FD-11D2-9C21-00104B3801F6},InterVideo Audio decoder

Maybe you can find a mistake.

Do I have the wrong CLSID numbers? If so, how can I find the right ones?

If all else fails, I'll simply use regsvr32 to register the .ax files. But still, the fact that I can't solve this problem is driving me nuts, especially when nobody else seems to have this problem :x

Throw me a life line! thanks.
Old 11th June 2004
BS.Player Power User

First of all the name of the dat file MUST be: bspfilters.dat or bspfilt.dat .
In any other case, BSplayer won't see it :!:

Now, the dat file must have ONLY the necessary information and not a lot of data.
Thus, use this dat file:

[BSPlayer filter def file]
AddFilter xvid.ax,{64697678-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71},XviD MPEG-4 Video Decoder
AddFilter iviaudio.ax,{7E2E0DC1-31FD-11D2-9C21-00104B3801F6},InterVideo Audio decoder

:arrow: Use the standalone xvid decoder filter in Koepi's page. It doesn't require any .dll file!

In order to find the correct directshow CLSID numbers, use theGSpot utility. Note that you have to install first the codecs, which you are interested.

And... I wish you luck! :mrgreen:

Tags
hwmaker