Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 21st July 2004
Gras
BS.Guest

Default Incorrect resolution detection on TV-out.

Hi

I have a Radeon 9700, with one monitor and a TV connected. In stead of using "clone-mode", I have extended my disktop onto the TV. However my monitor runs 1600x1200 while the TV only runs 1024x768. Which means that the TV-part of the desktop is smaller than the monitor's part.

If I drag the playing windows onto the TV-part of the desktop, and go full-screen, the image becomes too large. So I figure that BSplayer thinks that it should run in 1600x1200, even on the TV. I have no such problems with PowerDVD, Windows mediaplayer and Mediaplayer classic. Any way to make it work with BSPlayer without changing resolutions or switching to clone-mode?

regards
Old 21st July 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Gras is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Partial solution found

Hi

After some messing around, I found out that the full screen mode works ok if I start the player at the TV-part of the desktop (i.e. the video window opens on the tv-part, when I start bsplayer).

However this is not fully satisfactory, since I would like to start the video on my monitor, then drag it to the tv-part and full-screen it there.

I know it is a convenience problem, but surely fixable, right? Let me know your thoughts.

regards.
Old 22nd July 2004
BS.player Regular User

artam is on a distinguished road

Gras, why so complicated?
Try to use the ATI's Theater Mode (in overlay options of Catalyst drivers), it works fine and while watching movie on TV fullscreen, on the monitor you can do with your computer anything you wish - writing documents or even playing games!
Old 23rd July 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Default Theatre mode - Thanks.

You've got a point artam. Thanks. Never used the theatre mode, or even thought about it. Using it now and I'm very satisfied with it.

You mentioned that I could even play games while having the movie running on the TV. I tried the Painkiller SP Demo and Warcraft 3, and both "took over" the TV, so the movie was not visible. Painkiller actually stopped the movie. Do you know of any way to prevent this?

regards ;)
---
As a follow up to my previous postings, I would like to add that the movie window only has the wrong resolution, if you've had it full screened on the primary monitor first.
Old 23rd July 2004
BS.player Regular User

artam is on a distinguished road

Don't understand "playing games when watching TV" literally as playing "ALL" the games... , The games running in overlay don't let any other application sharing the video resources, maybe you'd try to run them windowed :? . Moreover the recent games are consuming almost the whole available graphics chip power, so uhm.... you know :evil:
Old 24th July 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Default Playing new games is a no go with theatre mode :/

Hi artam

I sort of figured that that would be your answer, but I held on to the hope ;) Thanks for your reply anyway.

If you have two soundcards in your PC, I can recommend making bsplayer use one, while the "rest of Windows" uses the other. This way you can have both video and video-sound separate from the rest.

Tags
detection, incorrect, resolution, tvout