Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 31st July 2004
BS.Player Newbie

cochese is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Playing bin files

I've done some searching on this forum about playing some bin files through bsplayer, but there was never any real conclusion. I use Alcohol to mount the .cue/.bin file. Now after this is done bin player won't play CERTAIN movies...while others (like the new Metallica: Some kind of monster) play. Why is this?

Now, to add to my confusion, if I put winDVD player on, I can mount any .cue/.bin movie and play it (counting ones that bsplayer can't play). And even after winDVD is installed, bsPlayer still won't play those files (i thought that winDVD would install a codec or whatever into the system that bsPlayer would take advantage of).

My goal is to play all media through just one player. By installing ffdshow, I have been able to play almost all video files without throwing tons of different codecs on my system, but now I still need a separate player for DVDs & .cue/.bin files. Grrr. I've looked into Zoomplayer, but even it won't play the .cue/.bin files that bsPlayer can't (atleast, not out of the box).

Any help guys? I love bsPlayer, and wanna stick with it. Thanks.

Tags
bin, playing