Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 14th January 2005
Arno_
BS.Guest

Default How to tell BSPlayer NOT to use FFDShow filter

HI all,

I have installed BSP 1.02 and Divx5.2.1 codec (properly installed, verified with GSpot) and FFDShow directshow filter.

Whenever I want to read a Divx5 video, BSPlayer automatically picks up the FFDShow filter to render the video. How can I force him to simply use the Divx codec ?

Acutally, a more global question would be: how to switch between rendering methods when at least 2 of them are available on a PC. ('cause OK, for some videos, I'll only have FFDShow filter working)

Any idea ?
Thanks in advance.
Old 14th January 2005
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

For any video there is a decoder. If you use ffdshow you don't need any other decoder/filter/codec. If you have all the other codecs, you don't need ffdshow.

http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic....highlight=list
Old 14th January 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Arno_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, maybe I was not clear enough:

Let's say I NEED FFDShow for other videos or purposes and I also have Divx5.2.1 codec, then in BSPlayer, I have no means to select which one to use to view a given video that could be read the two ways.

Actually, I've installed FFDShow because of the inability of BSPlayer to recover from a video freeze (while sound keeps running) due to an invalid frame (Divx AntiFeeze did not work).
I've read somewhere that FFDShow could handle this thanks to its smart postprocessing.

So ? What should I do ?

Is the answer clearly that it is impossible to chose which decoder to use if there's more than one available to read a given video ?

Thanks again
Old 14th January 2005
BS.Player Master

For now, BSplayer can't choose among two decoders at your will. But in ffdshow options you can disable support for DivX files when playing a good file and enable it when playing a damaged file.

Did you enabled "open locked file" in general options ?
Old 14th January 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Arno_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Many many thanks ! :D

I'm dumb... I didn't even see that the Div5 support (as any other format) could be disabled in FFDShow. :oops:

As soon as I disabled it, BSPlayer uses the Divx5.2.1 codec to read the video. So at least I have a means to control that.

By default the "Open locked file" is disabled in BSP, should I enable it, and why ?
Old 14th January 2005
BS.Player Master

This option is used to open files that are not complete, so maybe like this support for your bad files is improved. Won't do any harm.

Tags
ffdshow, filter