Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/)
-   -   bsplayer steels my media key button on keyboard (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/6466-bsplayer-steels-my-media-key-button-keyboard.html)

maxdido 5th June 2005 03:23 PM

bsplayer steels my media key button on keyboard

hi,

i just installed bsplayer and it is a very nice player.
but i noticed that bsplayer starts when i hit the "media" key on my logitech internet navigator keybord. i don't want this to happen because i want winamp to start, not bsplayer.

does any one know how to adjust this?

thanks,
max.

Tizio 6th June 2005 09:21 AM

I think you can configure your keyboard's special buttons in Windows "Control Panel" or via a software that comes with your keyboard... :wink:

maxdido 6th June 2005 12:08 PM

as far as i can see, i can not configure any buttons in the windows control panel... and i never installed any keybord drivers.
it used to work with winamp and an older version of bsplayer. but since i installed the newest version of bsplayer it hijacks my media button.

it's pretty annoying.

Tizio 6th June 2005 12:48 PM

Sorry, since I have no special key on my keyboard I have no more clues for your problem... :(

The only thing I can suggest is to reinstall Winamp and see if it "steals" the media button assignment from BSplayer. :wink:

maxdido 6th June 2005 01:40 PM

thought about that to. winamp steals it back but as soon as i start bsplayer it hijacks the button again.

so bsplayer must write something to the windows register (i think), it would be nice to have an option in bsplayer to enable or disable this function.

Tizio 6th June 2005 01:46 PM

Have you checked the option "Register extensions on player start" in BSplayer "Preferences -> File types"??
Try unchecking it...

Or enabling the corresponding option in Winamp :)

maxdido 9th June 2005 06:27 PM

somehow it's fixed.

i don't know what exactly i did, but i believe i first started winamp then i started bsplayer while winamp was playing a song. and since then the media key is starting winamp again :D

max.

Tizio 9th June 2005 08:23 PM

:D

DahDeeDah 5th August 2011 02:43 PM

Thanks for your post maxdido, I had the same problem with an Acer Aspire 5630, and since there is no configuration panel for the play/pause/stop etc media keys, I couldn't figure out how to stop BSPlayer from responding to them (well actually "it" since it responded to the play/pause and launched right away).

I just did what you said in your last post : closing BSPlayer, launching Winamp while playing a song and THEN opening BSPlayer and it no longer responds to that media key :)

Before that I also disabled the media keys in BSPlayer, although it had no effect by itself, maybe it helped...