Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/)
-   -   Problem playing an .avi file -- freezing & crashing (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/6667-problem-playing-avi-file-freezing-crashing.html)

Sesca5 7th August 2005 09:02 AM

Problem playing an .avi file -- freezing & crashing

BSplayer won't play one .avi file (video: DivX/XviD, audio: adpcm (0x0002) Microsoft Corporation), and I can't seem to find any info about this particular problem. When I try to load the file, BSplayer hiccups between two slightly different colors of black, and if I try to stop playing/close the player, it crashes and sometimes shows this message:

BSplayer v1.32.820, Unhandled exception at EIP: 01C9466A
If you click 'Close' application will be terminated.
Please report this info to the author with description what were you doing.
Access violation at address 01C9466A in module 'DivXMedia.ax'. Read of address 01ACE000
EAccessViolation
, 0x0055E60F, 0x0055E80D, 0x004554DF, 0x0044C82A, 0x77D48734, 0x77D48816, 0x77D4C63F, 0x77D4E905, 0x004C5049, 0x0044C82A, 0x77D48734, 0x77D48816, 0x77D489CD, 0x77D496C7, 0x004551F4, 0x005608F8, 0x7C816D4F

Sometimes I can access the Options>Filters menu, and BSplayer says it's using the DivX Decoder Filter. I've reinstalled the DivX codec, and even tried installing ffdshow, but there's no change. I've checked the file with GSpot and it says the file should play, using my DivX codec. Rendering the file shows no problems.

ZoomPlayer, VLC, and the DivX player all play the file normally.
Media Player Classic and The Core Media Player don't work.

I have BSplayer build 820, June 2005. My computer's a fairly new Sony Vaio K-27 (and never had a problem playing the file before, but my hard drive went kaput so, yanno...). I have the lite Matroska pack, DivX codec, ffdshow, the Direct Show 9 and the Haali Media Splitter installed, also with a lot of different media players (if you didn't notice :D).

I've searched the forums several times, but I haven't found a fix of this specific problem. The thing that is really bugging me is that the file used to play normally and I don't believe I've done anything different (i.e. installed BSplayer, installed codecs, etc.), and it's thumbing its nose at me. Geh.

Any help is really appreciated! :)

BSPeter 7th August 2005 10:26 AM

Seems you also installed the experimental/prototype(?) "DivX Media Format filters"-bundle from DivX-Labs, which presently seems to only support Windows Media Player and further has "intermittent instability issues"!! (See DivX-Labs or this info.) [I assume you're running WinXP? It seems to be a pre-DivX6 package (with its own accompanying DivX-codec); what DivX-version did you install?]
I would personally uninstall it! Alternatively see what happens if you blacklist "DivXMedia.ax" (DivX Media Filters) in BSPlayer under:
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Filter management > Blacklist/Whitelist?
:wink:

Sesca5 7th August 2005 04:13 PM

Wow, really? I thought I was just getting the regular DivX codec. Serves me right for not reading the fine print. I just clicked on the DivX Play Bundle at divx.com...

Hmm, blacklisting the DivX filters does nothing.

But uninstalling the codec works! Yay!

Thanks muchly~! :D

daddy lows 10th August 2005 07:40 PM

How did you put an avatar?

Sesca,

Hi, I'm in a similar situation with you except I'm a total nimrod concerning movie player settings and general techie stuff, in general. Heh. I also bought a Sony Vaio (from Fry's) and downloaded some stuff in .avi format and my windows media player won't play it. I tried Realplayer and it won't play it. So I downloaded a free version of the BSPlayer and it does not recognize the format as well. Forgive me for being retarded, but could you or anyone else help me in with this problem please? And possibly, in layman's terms? :roll:

Peace

BSPeter 10th August 2005 10:45 PM

Please read "First time user" under item (4) of my Help2Help-post. Do indeed start installing only the minimum.
:wink:
[Note the lightblueish words (except for these) represent links which you can click on]