Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/)
-   -   I have a sound problem with BS player. Only video, no sound. (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/6884-i-have-sound-problem-bs-player-only-video-no-sound.html)

jay911 21st October 2005 06:16 AM

I have a sound problem with BS player. Only video, no sound.

Just recently I have been trying to watch some of my foreign flicks which require subtitles for me to understand, it displays the video, but not the sound.

Just recently started having this problem to where none of my movies play sound, only video. I'm completely at edge on what to do, I have reinstalled it, and set it to associate with video files, and all I get is video, I made sure it's not on mute. VLC, and other players that don't use subtitles play the video with sound without any flaws.

So my guess is that it is a problem somewhere in BS player, I really hope someone can help address this issue, thank you.

adicoto 21st October 2005 06:43 AM

In audio options try to swich to another output device (like directsound).

jay911 21st October 2005 08:06 AM

hi, thanks for the reply.

I don't see just firect sound in either bs players prefs. or in control panel under sounds.

basically I think I know that I am missing codecs for basically everything, and now I just found out that windows media player, power dvd, bs player, and quicktime all do not play the file with sound.

The only media player that plays with sound is VLC for video and audio, and winamp, cause that's all I use for music.

Somehow I don't have the right codecs, all of a sudden, I need to find the codecs and dl them, I read the help section on this, and got videoinsoector, and it has a thumns down icon next to the audio, for most movies, and says not installed, but in video of course is fine, so I need to find these codec packs that I need. I already downloaded the xvid, and divx packs, and still can't play with sound using bs, or any other player.

I don't know why all of a sudden I can't play any file without using VLC. I can't work subs with Vobsub, and VLC, as I just don't know how. I'm open for any help.
thanks again.

BSPeter 21st October 2005 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay911
got videoinspector, and it has a thumbs down icon next to the audio, for most movies, and says not installed.

What is the information on the lefthand side of the video-inspector's screen (i.e. left of the thumbsdown-icon) concerning the audio-codec (and number of channels) of the sound in the movie?
:wink:

jay911 21st October 2005 12:09 PM

[Audio]
Codec : MPEG 1 or 2 Audio Layer 3 (MP3)
Number of channels : 2
Sample Rate : 48000 Hz
BitRate : 132 Kbps

that seems to be the codec for alot of the movies that have the problem I need that codec :lol:

I just played Cidade de Deus aka "City of God" fine it is XviD MPEG-4

sounds simple codec problem correct, yet I click download and it send me to ms's site. Just the home page, and it's not their alone standing out ;).

adicoto 21st October 2005 01:26 PM

Now is clear. Most of MP3 decoders can't handle 48.000 Hz. So, install an AC3 filter or decoder. All of them support this.

jay911 21st October 2005 03:21 PM

tried thisone and nothing yet

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/AC3_Filter.htm

did thisin the html help file

BSPlayer
In player settings (Options->Preferences) set:

General->Don't load ac3 settings: checked
Audio->For AC3 decoding use: '--'

nothing. selected direct sound. should I keep tryin different codecs or what?

jay911 21st October 2005 03:30 PM

ok great news (for me atleast) I installed the K-lite ingenious codec pack, and everything works fine now, including bs player!

media player classic never looked so good ;)

I recommend this pack k-lite codec pack.

thanks for all your help.
adios.

BSPeter 21st October 2005 07:36 PM

I generally advise against the use of codec packs (and if you feel you must, be selective!). More isn't better! (Read my Help2Help-post. Link at bottom.)
From your pre-last post however, it now appears that you're using a version 0.86 build of BSPlayer (which we couldn't be aware of earlier as you did not mention in your post which BSPlayer's build you're using). In this connection: For pre-1.x versions of BSPlayer I maintain a separate Help-to-Help-post (click here) (if you're interested).
:wink: