Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 1st December 2005
BS.Player Newbie

AdInfinitum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Problems with BSPlayer and .OGM files (tried a lot...)

I've used the search function and checked the FAQ, but I still haven't been able to solve my problem. I used to use BSPlayer to make screen captures of .OGM files (to be more precise, of FLCL) for wallpapers. After a while, my computer was kinda messed up with codecs and various conflicting programs, and BSPlayer wasn't playing .OGM anymore.

Now, I used to have Nimo Codec Pack. Then switched over to XP Codec pack. I also had VobSub and Matroska stuff - It was a real mess, yeah :). Now, I've dumped everything, only remaining stuff is VLC and BS Player. Still BSPlayer won't play the FLCL .OGM files. Any pointers what I should do? Thanks in advance,

AI

Edit: Forgot to mention: I have version 1.36, Non-Pro. AMD Athlon Processor, 512MB Ram, Nvidia GeForce MX440.
Old 1st December 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Pfff... I give up :( . I tried everything I can think of. I used AVIcodec to detect what I possible could be missing. I have had BSPlayer give me three different reactions: plain crashing, a specific error message about a missing .dll (that isn't missing in the folder) and no reaction followed by self-shutdown. I've tinkered around with various codec packs, re-installed Divx packs, tried Matroska, Vobsub - to name a few. I've tossed everything of my computer and re-installed only BSPlayer and start from there... All only to see three different failing reactions from BSPlayer. Screw this.
Old 1st December 2005
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

1. Matroska pack is for mkv files, not ogm.
2. First of all try to uninstall all codecs and codec packs.
3. Re register quartz.dll
4. Uninstall bsplayer and delete the install folder
5. Read here: http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic....highlight=list
Old 1st December 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Thanks for the advice and the list. I'll look into it tomorrow. In the mean time, I've found out how to make shots with VLC so the 'urgency' is gone but I'd still like my BSPlayer to function with .OGm properly again :).

- AI

Tags
lot, ogm