Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/)
-   -   Final Countdown (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/7480-final-countdown.html)

adicoto 19th May 2006 07:18 PM

Final Countdown

I wonder, how many hours do we still have until BSPlayer 2 release ? :)
Maybe I'll come back in an hour and post Z-1 :roll:

BSPeter 19th May 2006 09:11 PM

We cannot accelerate it in anyway, so we'll simply have to wait (patiently) and see.
:wink:

adicoto 19th May 2006 09:25 PM

You allmost brougth me back with my feet on the ground. :lol: Z-3

adicoto 20th May 2006 04:59 PM

Five more hours till the end of the day. Nothing new. :(

Tizio 20th May 2006 05:54 PM

I fear it will not be released till Monday... (but I still hope it will be released today -> cross fingers) :( :arrow: :)

adicoto 20th May 2006 06:26 PM

Even the hated M$ is announcing it's delays. I don't have nothing about a delay, but they could tell us, don't you think ?

BSPeter 20th May 2006 08:10 PM

Have you ever experienced a software announced way in advance to really be there at the time indicated?
I surely haven't! It would be highly uncommon I would think.
Knowing that as a fact of life, I already earlier said we'll simply have to wait (patiently) and see.

adicoto 20th May 2006 08:33 PM

Yes, BSPeter. You are right, why should I bother ? Why should they care about a simple announcement. "Sorry, but something went wrong and instead of releasing a software that is not working exactly how we want we must delay the release by...... days." I am sure nobody will argue about that. In fact probably they will say "Indeed, they to care about us".

You remind me an old joke from when my country was ruled by the comunists:
In a train station, after long hours of waiting a delayed train, a traveler go to the train station chief and asks:
- Why do you have timetables if the trains are running always late ?
- If we don't have timetables, how would you know that the train is running late ? answered the chief.

BSPeter 20th May 2006 09:15 PM

We have the same old joke overhere, so I don't think it has anything to do with the history of your country. I'm also not telling you not to bother. I'm simply stating that I've sofar never experienced an announced soft to be effectively there at the indicated time. (Now have you?). What's more: it is still 20 May overhere, so your joke doesn't apply yet and they may still surprise us (or announce a delay).

adicoto 20th May 2006 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adicoto
You remind me an old joke from when my country was ruled by the comunists:

I didn't said it's my country joke. Just it was used when comunists were ruling it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPeter
We have the same old joke overhere, so I don't think it has anything to do with the history of your country.

No, it has nothing to do with the history. I've never said that.
Our trains don't have delays any more. And as far as I've seen (just 2 or 3 trains I've traveled in your country) neither yours :D

Quote:

What's more: it is still 20 May overhere, so your joke doesn't apply yet

In here still 29 min to midnight

Quote:

and they may still surprise us (or announce a delay).

Do you really believe that ?

BSPeter 20th May 2006 11:16 PM

Quote:

We have the same old joke overhere, so I don't think it has anything to do with the history of your country.

Quote:

it was used when comunists were ruling it. ....No, it has nothing to do with the history. I've never said that.

Are communists still ruling your country then? Or is that possibly part of your country's history?
Quote:

Our trains don't have delays any more. And as far as I've seen (just 2 or 3 trains I've traveled in your country) neither yours :D

Well, just forget about that. Train delays are certainly not exceptional overhere!
Quote:

In here still 29 min to midnight
Quote:

and they may still surprise us (or announce a delay). :wink:

Do you really believe that ?

Not really, it is quarter past midnight now. But let's give them till to-morrow to come up with one or the other.

adicoto 20th May 2006 11:32 PM

:lol: :lol: Yes, you are right, there are rumours that comunists are still ruling this part of the Europe.
Sadly, here is 1:30 in the morning.

Tizio 21st May 2006 12:15 AM

Here is 1.15am (same time in Slovenia, where our player's developers work), and still nothing.. As I said I think we have to wait at least 'till Monday, but maybe we will have v2 tomorrow (well, today :lol: )..

Regarding trains' delay.. Here we have a lot of delays :x
Monday I'll ask the chief train why they have timetables if the trains are running always late, and see if he will answer as in your joke (it would be nice :D )

I almost never experienced a software announced way in advance to really be there at the time indicated (it's nice to copy and paste parts of your posts to use them in my reply :) ), but as adicoto said I would had been better an announcement where thay said that the release date has been sheduled for lather days/hours (as for the momentaneous problems with the server..) but I don't really care about this, I didn't really expected that v2 would had been released on 20 May, may-be 22 :wink:

Good night pals, maybe tomorrow when we will awake we'll have a gift :D

Mat2000 21st May 2006 10:37 AM

We need just few more days.
New version is almost ready.

New servers will be avaible for faster download.

Take care.

adicoto 21st May 2006 12:05 PM

you too.

BSPeter 21st May 2006 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mat2000
We need just few more days. New version is almost ready. New servers will be avaible for faster download.
Take care.

Thx, U-2!

Tizio 21st May 2006 06:50 PM

Thank you Mat2000 for the announcement :D
Take care :wink:

grendizer 24th May 2006 04:10 PM

Could we have an overview of what will be coming in V2? A new sexy interface? A Windows media Center like menu? A playlist integrated inside the main window? :shock: 8)

Mat2000 25th May 2006 03:31 PM

grendizer you are very close.

mihhkel 25th May 2006 08:03 PM

Will current language files work with v2? Any new strings to be translated?
lang_changes.txt:
Code:

------------------------------
changes v1.39.829 -> v2.00.000
------------------------------
[Strings]
117="Font size"

Only that? :shock:
If there's more, maybe you could "pre-release" the new version to translators a day or two before the official release, so that we could make nessecary updates. This way, once people download the new version, they wouldn't have to start looking for language file updates right away...