Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/)
-   -   Stop the spam on this forum (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/7550-stop-spam-forum.html)

grendizer 10th June 2006 08:15 PM

Stop the spam on this forum

Isn't there anyway to stop the spam on this forum?? :evil:
Registration is not required to post?

Tizio 10th June 2006 08:52 PM

Unfortunally it's not possible..
Registration is required for all forum sections exceprion made for the Save one since the BSplayer team members opened it to know the opinions from the users regarding the addition of the WhenU adware in last versions..
(and don't worry, there are also registered users that post spamming messages :roll: )

It would be really great if there was no spam at all, but it seems that we (admins and mods, and also other users) have to deal with those messages..
I and BSPeter are trying to remove the majority of them (if not all) in the shorter time as possible, but since we have our lives, we can't be here all the time :)

Let's delete some of them :wink:

grendizer 19th June 2006 05:34 PM

Users who want to register should enter some letters, difficult to read, like in some other boards. That would prevent programs from registering and spaming.
Just an idea.

Tizio 19th June 2006 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grendizer
Users who want to register should enter some letters, difficult to read, like in some other boards. That would prevent programs from registering and spaming.
Just an idea.

I think that they will register anyway, and the most important thing is that until the Save section still remains opened to everybody (also not registered users) a new registration method will not help :?

BSPeter 19th June 2006 06:59 PM

I think both Tizio and I, we both remove lots of spam daily, but of course we have our own lives and cannot sit here all day and night waiting for the next post appearing, which needs to be removed.
:wink:

grendizer 20th June 2006 09:45 AM

I think you both do a great job but you may have less job if you add this letter-typing thing to the registration process. i'm sure most of the spammers here are not real persons, but programs. So if you ask programs to enter some letters inside bitmaps, they will not succeed and the number of "spamming programs" will decrease.
The When U Save forum is already a garbage even without the spammers, it's full of insults and mess.

BSPeter 20th June 2006 08:18 PM

Unfortunately we are only BSPlayer-users (just like you) which have been given moderator-rights for this forum, but these rights are only moderate ( :lol: ) and do not include a possibility to do anything like suggested by you. E.g. we also cannot block certain IP's or remove registered users (spammers) from the memberlist.

J7N 21st June 2006 02:44 AM

Quote:

you may have less job if you add this letter-typing thing to the registration process. So if you ask programs to enter some letters inside bitmaps, they will not succeed and the number of "spamming programs" will decrease.
There is already a prompt for confirmation code: six alphanumeric characters overlayed with noise. I have seen very hard-to-read text being OCR'd. Most likely this type of captcha code has also been defeated.

Digiface 10th August 2006 03:22 PM

this forum truly get lot of spam. :evil:

this forum seems to get more spam than decent posts. :roll:

Ico-man 6th September 2006 10:02 AM

Stop spam

If u happen to find any spam posts on this forum, just send the link of the topic to moderator [me] and I will delete the topic.

8)

BSPeter 6th September 2006 12:14 PM

Both Tizio and I frequently remove spam-posts from this forum. Moreoften at several times during the day and night. We do - of course - also have our regular life, jobs and/or studies, so we are not constantly and on every moment during the day doing so. In this connection I would ask users NOT to send links of spam-posts to Tizio or to me (as moderators) as I feel for the both of us this would really serve no goal other than increasing electronic traffic, but you may - of course - still send these links to Ico-man.