Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/)
-   -   The Q: use ONE key for pause/unpause feature (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/7633-q-use-one-key-pause-unpause-feature.html)

nmr50 27th June 2006 07:14 PM

The Q: use ONE key for pause/unpause feature

Hi all ! Thanks for the great program and here is my question:
[almost] all other players do have this feature to use [for example] a spacebar to PAUSE/UNPAUSE playing, but still I cannot find how to map one key [the spacebar, for example] for triggering PAUSE/UNPASE one followed by one in cycle.

Any ideas how to do this?
Thanks for help!:)

grendizer 27th June 2006 07:52 PM

I use spacebar to switch pause / play

nmr50 27th June 2006 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grendizer
I use spacebar to switch pause / play

it's a really nice to hear about but - tell me - HOW You use _one_ key for pause/play ? I don't see such function in latest version of player (2.0.937), there are only separated key definitions for PLAY and for PAUSE...
How to?

J7N 27th June 2006 08:58 PM

I never thought about mapping the pause key to something different (when I did the keys got all messed up due to some bug). Space paused the playback by default and it was fine by me.

grendizer 27th June 2006 09:14 PM

In keybaord shortcut definition, just put "spacebar" for pause. It works as a switch for me

Tizio 28th June 2006 12:31 AM

As grendizer said SPACE bar works as a toggle between Pause/Play/Pause/and-so-on (not Play/Pause if you understand what I mean, note that the two functions are inverted).
But you can't use it to enable playback (Play) and then toggle between Play/Pause/Play/and-so-on.

If you want to modify your keyboard definitions press CTRL+P and the Preferences window will appear. Go to "Key definitions & WinLIRC" section and scroll for the action you want to modify (you have to do this both for Windowed and Full screen tabs) and as first/second field set the keyboard shortcut you prefer :wink:

adicoto 28th June 2006 04:04 AM

LIke nmr50 said, and many other peoples in eralier post, even if spacebar is default for pauze/resume, in definition panel you can't reassign this (double) function to another key.

nmr50 28th June 2006 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tizio
If you want to modify your keyboard definitions press CTRL+P and the Preferences window will appear. Go to "Key definitions & WinLIRC" section and scroll for the action you want to modify (you have to do this both for Windowed and Full screen tabs) and as first/second field set the keyboard shortcut you prefer :wink:

Well, the only key I want to use for this play/pause toggle is spacebar, let's end up with "what key to use to". but the Q is STILL here:
I did try to use spacebar on 1st field/empty on 2nd field,
empty 1st field/spacebar 2nd field - not working, BSP just writes "PLAY" in left/top side of window like I'm using 'play' key ___only___, no reaction on second/third/fourth pressing etc.

moreover, when I am trying to set spacebar for both 1nd/2nd fields - for play and for pause - BSP starts shouting that "spacebar is already in use in..." - and - surprise - still no success with toggling play/pause while playing video.

any _real_ ideas how to set up 'SPACEBAR' for TOGGLING play/pause?
:/

Tizio 28th June 2006 08:15 AM

Ok, did some more tests and I can say that whatever kye combination you assign to PAUSE, if you press the SPACEBAR in windowed mode the Play overlay message appears everytime you press it (in fullscreen mode it doesn't appear)
But other key combination do work well.

If you have problems with your key definitions you have 3 alternatives:
1. Go in BSplayer preferences -> Key definitions & WinlLIRC section and press the "Reset to default" button (in windowed and fullscreen modes)
2. Try to use my program (link in my sign) to delete all the keydefinitions and then reassign them all manually (if you want you can assign them only to windowed mode and let my program to copy them to fullscreen mode)
3. Delete the BSplayer.xml file located in USERPROFILE folder and then reopen BSplayer

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmr50
moreover, when I am trying to set spacebar for both 1nd/2nd fields - for play and for pause - BSP starts shouting that "spacebar is already in use in..." - and - surprise - still no success with toggling play/pause while playing video.

Since you receive that message, have you tried to remove the assigned key from that ... specific action?

It seems that here you are the only one that is not able to use SPACEBAR as Play/Pause toggling function, so I think that something must be messed up in the configuration settings :?