Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/)
-   -   Screencapping Problem (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/7747-screencapping-problem.html)

Aimz 9th August 2006 03:07 PM

Screencapping Problem

1 Attachment(s)
Apologises if this has already been posted but I have tried the 'search' option and it didn't bring anything similar up.

Basically I'm screencapping some DVDs, it saves them to my folder however they aren't in the right proportions - ie. the screencap is like really skinny however the height is correct. I wasn't sure if it was something to do with the ratio but I'm not sure.

ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Destroyer77 11th August 2006 07:28 PM

Hahaha, that's a sort of funny picture you have there. Well I didn't just come here to laugh at ya. You can search Google for ScreenHunter 4.0 which is free and you can try to capture the video through that. You can also get a video splitter and cut out the section you want to capture frames from. Then you can get the ace Video Workshop which will let you capture many many screenshots, meaning every single frame of the clip and you can have sift through and find the frames you want. Hope this helps :)

J7N 11th August 2006 09:14 PM

Alternative capture method: Use ffdshow to decode your video and do capture in that filter.

After you have installed ffdshow, go to its settings -> Grab.
- Specify the path where to save.
- Choose BMP as output (or JPEG if you have a good reason to).
- Specify the range (in frames) to grab. To get time value in frames:
* * ([<hrs>*3600] + [<mins>*60] + [<secs>]) * <framerate>

You *might* be getting this result because your video resolution is in fact 352 x 576 pixels (Low quality) and is stretched horizontally during playback. I have seen a few such awful video files created by MEDlings group.

Predator- 26th August 2006 10:29 PM

oi ive got som prob with screencaps too - the Shift+P(what you see) function doesnt work..

it keeps making the shots on the default video resolution. whut to do?

J7N 27th August 2006 07:32 PM

Resample them with a graphics editor: IrfanView, XnView, Paint Shop Pro 7. These editors have batch mode if you need to process many screenshots.

There would be less problems if the world sticked to "square pixels"

Predator- 28th August 2006 05:58 PM

Quote:

Resample them with a graphics editor: IrfanView, XnView, Paint Shop Pro 7. These editors have batch mode if you need to process many screenshots.

LoL i know but er.. shouldnt that function just work? i remember in som earlier versions of BSplayer i could take fullscreen screenshots

Anonymous 9th September 2006 03:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Predator-
Quote:

LoL i know but er.. shouldnt that function just work? i remember in som earlier versions of BSplayer i could take fullscreen screenshots

I AM FACING THE SAME PROBLEM.KINDLY SUGGEST SOME REMEDY

Anonymous 9th September 2006 03:16 PM

Re: Screencapping Problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aimz
Apologises if this has already been posted but I have tried the 'search' option and it didn't bring anything similar up.

Basically I'm screencapping some DVDs, it saves them to my folder however they aren't in the right proportions - ie. the screencap is like really skinny however the height is correct. I wasn't sure if it was something to do with the ratio but I'm not sure.

ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

YOUR SETTING MUST 'ANAMORPHIC".GO TO THE ASPECT RATIO SETTIG AND CHANGE IT ACCORDINGLY.