Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/)
-   -   having problems with subtitle! please help!!!! (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/7816-having-problems-subtitle-please-help.html)

eliteboy 2nd September 2006 11:27 PM

having problems with subtitle! please help!!!!

hello,
i installed bsplayer 2.11 Build 940 and some of my subtitle files wich are *.sub and *.srt (the subtitles are in hebrew) wont work.
when i try draging them to the bsplayer it just wont take it. the bsplayer sais no subtitles and i keep draging them and they just dont work. example: i had a movie wich is 3 part ony one sub out of the 3 worked.
i then installed the older version 2.0 937 and those same subtitles worked again. can someone explain me y does the new bsplayer make me those problems?????

thanks in advance!!!!
i sure need your help

Tizio 3rd September 2006 12:21 AM

Have you tried to put them into the same folder as the movie files and to rename the subtitles with the same name of the movies (exception made for the extension)?

It's strange that with v2.10 they work and with v2.11 not..

I tried with a 2 parts movie and .srt subtitles and BSplayer loaded both parts correctly (obviously I used BSplayer v2.11.940 for my test)

Can you try to rename BSplayer.xml file located in C:\Documents And Settings\USER_NAME\Application Data\BSplayer to BSplayer.xml.bak (this file contains BSplayer settings, if you want to restore your settings after the test rename back this file to BSplayer.xml) and then open BSplayer and test again that movie?

eliteboy 3rd September 2006 09:07 AM

yes they are in the same solder and have the same filename besides the extention. i realized that when i play a file the bsplayyer wont show the full name of the movie. it will show the first few letters and then "~"with another letter fowwlowing that and thats all. that might be the problem????
on older versions even if the file name was long it would scroll the whole name.

Tizio 3rd September 2006 09:44 AM

:? mhmm, really an odd behaviour...
Have you already tried to uninstall BSplayer and delete BSplayer folder in Application Data path and then to reinstall it?

Can you please write here the filename of the movie (or if you don't want to write it here send me a PM), so I can test it on my PC and see if the problem is in the BSplayer's filename management or in your computer settings? Thanks :wink:

adicoto 3rd September 2006 09:50 AM

By any chance, do you use specific letters (to your country only for example) in the filename ? If so, try to rename the files like 1.avi and 1.sub and see if this fixes the problem.

eliteboy 3rd September 2006 10:04 AM

when i uninstalled i runed ccleaner but didnt touch the Application Data.
i think ccleaner is sopose to take care of that isn't it???

i tried filenames like 1.avi and so on.

by the way all this is happening on a fresh formated computer.
the only few thing i installed that have something to do with video\audio
is nero 7 and k-lite codec pack

Tizio 3rd September 2006 10:23 AM

I don't think that ccleaner took care of that folder too, I suggest you to follow my instructions and do a fresh reinstall of BSplayer.

BTW can you tell us which are the filters used when decoding those problematic videos (with the movie loaded in BSplayer -> right-click -> Options -> Filters -> Advanced)?
Probably the problem doesn't lay there, but who knows :wink:

P.S.
I tried to rename the movies and subtitles by using the same names as yours, but here I have no problems (since the movie files have not hebrew characters)

adicoto 3rd September 2006 12:17 PM

Nero audio decoder ?

eliteboy 3rd September 2006 10:05 PM

yes it also has nero audio decoder

adicoto 3rd September 2006 10:46 PM

You forgot to answer to Tizio's question.
If Nero audio decoder is used to decode, maybe you can un-register it and use other filter instead like ffdshow or AC3Filter. I don't use first one, just the second one.

eliteboy 7th September 2006 12:17 AM

thanx i got it fixed!!!!