Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/)
-   -   VOB's and embedded subtitles (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/7817-vobs-embedded-subtitles.html)

anderzand 3rd September 2006 10:34 AM

VOB's and embedded subtitles

Can I somehow get BSplayer to display subtitles embedded in ripped VOB files :?:
-It's no problem in Media Player Classic to choose subtitles in the filter menu, so I wonder if it's a question of using the right decoder?? Can I use one of the decoders in K-Lite Mega Codec Pack - and how do i get it to work? (I know nothing about configuration of codecs :roll: )

Thanks!

Tizio 3rd September 2006 11:10 AM

To play DVDs is a prerogative of BSplayer PRO v2.xx

It's still possible to watch DVDs with free versions of the program, but not all the contents will be available (such as menus etc).
I tried some DVDs in the past (with BSplayer v1.xx) and I was able to switch the audio streams in the 80% of the cases and to choose the subtitles in 10% of them..

I used Elecard decoder (available also in K-Lite Mega Codec Pack).

Maybe you'll find this topic (and also this one) of interest to you (even if they don't provide answers your question)

anderzand 13th September 2006 09:43 PM

I've now tried the Elecard decoder and demuxer, but that didn't solve my problem. In the configuration options for the demuxer it's possible to choose support for subtitles. But that option is of no use as no subtitles appears, and I kind of miss an option to choose language -in a menu or maybe in the systray like in vobsub :!:
Maybe what is needed for displaying subtitles is support from the player?? -which BSPlayer appears not to have..

I have no problem playing DVD's, what I'm talking about is only the ripped VOB's..

Tizio 13th September 2006 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anderzand
Maybe what is needed for displaying subtitles is support from the player?? -which BSPlayer appears not to have..

Problem that (as I already told you) BSplayer PRO has not!

Quote:

Originally Posted by anderzand
I have no problem playing DVD's, what I'm talking about is only the ripped VOB's..

Are you saying that you can see/select subtitles from DVDs and not from ripped to disk DVDs??
I don't think :?

anderzand 14th September 2006 10:57 PM

I have got the pro version (2.11), and the problem is as I described: I can't select any subtitles. As far as I can see it's only possible to load subtitles saved as text, using the Load Subtitles option. In the Subtitles menu I can't select embedded subtitles.
But maybe I should point out that I'm not trying to play the ripped videos as if it was DVD -I'm playing the individual VOB's, ripped with SmartRipper. Maybe it's easier ripping the DVD's as DVD's, i.e. making a kind of a clone. Is that possible, and is that what you are talking about? :idea:

J7N 15th September 2006 11:20 AM

You must have the IFO files from your DVD. Open an IFO file and you'll get the "professional" DVD playback.