Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/)
-   -   nvidia new driver cause some problem (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/7875-nvidia-new-driver-cause-some-problem.html)

puzker 25th September 2006 10:17 AM

nvidia new driver cause some problem

i have just installed nvidia new driver (91.47_forceware_winxp2k_english_whql.exe)
and im using 6600gt g-force and the thing that happend is now i cant change my secondry display (tv) ratio its fixed on full size mode before that i could change the ratio and i can see the effect on bot displays i dont know whats rong and if i change the rendering video to rgb i can control the ratio but its no longer open the secondry display in full screen very wired and anoyying /!!!!!!
sorry for my bad english:(
i hope i did exsplain myself well/
:oops:

J7N 25th September 2006 08:39 PM

Re: nvidia new driver cause some problem

GeForce 6600GT has been around a very long time and working properly with older v7x.xx drivers. Maybe don't use the new driver? ;)

puzker 25th September 2006 08:56 PM

well/.....

i get much more high preformense with the new driver when im playing games so i what to keep it ...
there must be another way to solve the problem please let me know if you think you can help me /! :?

BSPeter 27th September 2006 08:50 PM

Quote from http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_7.html :

Full Screen Video
If you have more than one display connected to your system, you will see this option in the Nvidia Control Panel. If you only have one display connected, this option will not be available.

Full Screen Video Zoom Controls: These controls function in a similar manner to the Overlay Zoom Controls setting in the Video Overlay Settings section (See above).

Full Screen Video Controls: In this section you can choose the 'Full Screen Device', which is the display on which full screen video playback will be shown. The options are Disable, which disables this functionality; 'Primary display' or 'Secondary Display' (only available under nView Clone modes) which allows you to manually select the display on which to show the full screen video; or 'Auto Select' (only available under nView DualView and Span modes) which automatically selects the display on which to show full screen video (i.e the display on which the video playback overlay is not being shown).

Track Overlay Rotation: ......

Adjust Colors: .......
:wink:
Also check out the New Forceware Control Panel / Quick Start guide (pdf) [1.92 Mb]

puzker 28th September 2006 01:15 AM

thanks for your reply...

but you didnt answer my Q if you will read again you will see that i know how to adjust secondery and praynery display thats not the problem!
Quote:

i cant change my secondry display (tv) ratio its fixed on full size mode before that i could change the ratio and i can see the effect on bot displays i dont know whats rong and if i change the rendering video to rgb i can control the ratio but its no longer open the secondry display in full screen
plesae helpp!!! :roll:

BSPeter 28th September 2006 07:34 PM

Tried "Disable"-option (underlined by me)?
P.S.:
I'm using v.84.21 which fully satisfies my needs and I have no urge to upgrade, so - unfortunately - I cannot help you to experiment with v.91.47. (That's why I referred you to some - hopefully - useful documents re 91.47.)
("If it ain't broke don't fix it")

puzker 3rd October 2006 03:58 AM

help lol

well my friend a lot of things dont work for me with bsplayer and the new nvidia driver....
they are not synchronized and i'm not going to remove the new driver i love it (great for games)!
and i dont want to stop useing bs so please someone i need help here read my post again and try to help!

BSPeter 3rd October 2006 12:27 PM

Re: help lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by puzker
a lot of things dont work for me with bsplayer and the new nvidia driver....

Could you please elaborate on this as sofar you mentioned only one aspect.
(I may assume you did indeed try the "disable"-option?)

puzker 3rd October 2006 11:31 PM

well the list

ok thers a long list and you my friend could not help me with one (so far)
so ill give you and the rest of your users the incomplite list so far:
1/ aspect (the problem you all redy know if you read my original post)

2/ im force to use video rendering "directdraw surface" and not the default video filter becuse when i use the default i get on my pc picture but on my tv i get nothing just black screen with audio but not the video...

3/ on rgb video rendering i cant get bs to load .sub idx and the player get shutdown!!! so now im useing version 2.10 and not BS Player Pro v2.11 940 becuse a lot of error's with sub files.... and yes i read all the post here about this problem and yes i did try to filter manegment and allow intermidiete filters... but with no luck so i removed the new version of bs and now at list he doesent shut down when he trys to load a sub file!

4/ on v2.10 i can load sub but only with video rendering "directdraw surface"... (before i upgrade my nvidia driver i could use any type of video rendering i want...

5/ when thers a lot of things going on the screen i get flickring image on my tv (i meen when the cam move fast or any atoher high speed
movment).

all the things listed above make my life a liveing hell!!! :wink:
my friend recommend me some different player i can use but i am so in to bs so im not going to try them for now...
the situation now is that im useing v2.10 with no secondery display (clone mode) and what i get on my pc i see on my tv and i love the secondery display mode (becuse then i can work when my hot girlfriend can watch her stupid apisodes on tv) and now its not an option becuse she gets twisted ratio on full screen mode and not the original!
love and peace / (try to help if you know something im not) :shock: