Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/)
-   -   [Vista] Upmixing of stereo sound (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/8085-vista-upmixing-stereo-sound.html)

drsnuggles 26th December 2006 12:35 PM

[Vista] Upmixing of stereo sound

I use BSPlayer 1.37 in Windows Vista and it all works excellent like it should. There is however, one problem caused by Vista.

In Windows Vista, the support for hardware upmixing with DirectSound is removed. This means that everything with stereo sound will be played on the two front speakers, without using the rear speakers. Thus, also BSPlayer plays movies with stereo sound without using the rear speakers.

I would like to have 4.1 surround for everything, including music and movies with stereo sound. For Winamp there is a plugin available to upmix music. Is there a way to let BSPlayer upmix stereo sound to 4.1 or surround sound :?: I would really appreciate your answer.

Mat2000 26th December 2006 02:03 PM

We are planing to implement that.

Tizio 29th December 2006 04:29 PM

Re: [Vista] Upmixing of stereo sound

Quote:

Originally Posted by drsnuggles
For Winamp there is a plugin available to upmix music. Is there a way to let BSPlayer upmix stereo sound to 4.1 or surround sound :?: I would really appreciate your answer.

But is it a DSP plugin? For WinAMP v2.x?
If the answer is yes, then you can use it with BSplayer, otherwise you need to wait for Mat2000 and other BSplayer team members to add the code for its support :wink:

drsnuggles 30th December 2006 06:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

For Winamp there is a plugin available to upmix music. Is there a way to let BSPlayer upmix stereo sound to 4.1 or surround sound :?: I would really appreciate your answer.
But is it a DSP plugin? For WinAMP v2.x?
If the answer is yes, then you can use it with BSplayer, otherwise you need to wait for Mat2000 and other BSplayer team members to add the code for its support :wink:
Unfortunately it is not a DSP plugin. I have already searched for one, but I couldn't find one.

Edit: Had to remove the name while quoting since it didn't render with name. Kinda weird :P.

adicoto 30th December 2006 07:54 PM

Are you sure you don't have that option in the soundcard's control panel ? To duplicate front signal to rear speakers ? I remember having this option on my last CMI8738 card.
You can also try to use AC3Filter as sound output device and set output to 4.1 surround

Tizio 30th December 2006 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drsnuggles
Edit: Had to remove the name while quoting since it didn't render with name. Kinda weird :P.

You just need to turn off HTML code for your messages with names in quotes (as you can see here your name is shown) :wink:

drsnuggles 31st December 2006 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adicoto
Are you sure you don't have that option in the soundcard's control panel ? To duplicate front signal to rear speakers ? I remember having this option on my last CMI8738 card.
You can also try to use AC3Filter as sound output device and set output to 4.1 surround

Thanks for your tip about the AC3Filter. I installed it, selected my Quad setup, pressed apply and runned BSPlayer. However, there were no sound coming from my rear speakers.

The Creative Audio software for Windows Vista has no upmix options available. This would be a nice solution to this problem though :).

Tnx for the tip btw Tizio!