Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11th March 2007
BS.Player Power User

kimiraikkonen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sound when last second of the video comes

Hi, as i'm a bit sensitive, i've noticed this on my system : My sound chip is CMI8738 on-board with 5.12.1.644 latest official driver, using Win2k pro+sp4 with Bsplayer PRO.

When the last second of the video comes, the SOUND of the last frame of the video is not always the SAME with other-time playbacks of the same video file.

I mean, sometimes the video ends with smooth(normal, as what video is in normal) sound, sometimes not a bit. Sometimes video (Avi(divx, mpeg) ends with a little interruption or jittery SOUND but even you cannot sense and care of it.

It's less than a second, even it can be sensed in miliseconds.

Notice: In Win2k (the issue experienced computer), DirectSound file quartz.dll's version is 6.5.902, but in XP SP2 its version is 6.5.2600.2749. Plus i did not see that issue on another Realted Ac97 based WinXp-Sp2 system.

Does it differ or could DirectSound(quartz.dll) be fixed in WinXP-SP2? Because versions are not the same

If there are anybody with this experience i'd be happy. What do you suggest or is it acceptable and occasional? I don't have noticable problem during playback and seeking.

Thanks
Old 12th March 2007
BS.Player Power User

Hasn't anybody experienced like this? When the last second of the video comes, the sound is interrupted or not smooth but not always with my C-Media CMI8738/C3DX sound chip...
Old 13th March 2007
BS.Player Power User

It seems there is nothing can be done? Because of being my sound chip is on-board, hardware acceleration adjustment is not usefull. Anyway there is no problem in playback. But maybe due to poor driver or Windows 2000's DirectSound interface(older than XP's), the video ends with a interrupted sound at the last 1 or 2 seconds...

Any satisfactory ideas will be appreciated...

Tags
sound, video