Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/)
-   -   Player crashes after 3 seconds of movie play (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/8268-player-crashes-after-3-seconds-movie-play.html)

Xtermy 4th April 2007 05:16 PM

Player crashes after 3 seconds of movie play

Hi,

I just recently updated my version of BSplayerPro from 2.15.943 to 2.16.945.

Afterwards, it seemed that BSplayerPro had lost it's video file format associations with about 90% of all video file formats (rebinding the video file formats back to BSplayerPro still didn't seem to change their icons to BSplayerPro icons...).

And even worse - any video file I had opened would crash after exactly only 3 seconds of play time.

I then tried to completely remove BSplayerPro and reinstall it over a fresh install (not upgrading from a previous older version). It didn't help - the very same problems still exist and persist.

I didn't have any of these listed problems and issues with BSplayerPro ever before....

Is there some strange bug in this new release of BSplayerPro? Can you please help me?

Thanks alot in advance and have a good day!

straco 4th April 2007 05:33 PM

i have the same problem

Tizio 4th April 2007 06:06 PM

I'm 99% sure you are using a cracked BS.Player version...
If I'm wrong please forgive me, then I suggest you to write to BSplayer team members by using the appropriate form. Pro users have rights to have direct replies form BSplayer staff.

If I'm right... if you still want to use BSplayer Pro.... my suggestion is to buy it ;)

adicoto 4th April 2007 06:51 PM

I will sbscribe the remaining 1% from Tizio's post. That should make 100% for a cracked PRO version.

Tizio 4th April 2007 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adicoto
I will sbscribe the remaining 1% from Tizio's post. That should make 100% for a cracked PRO version.

:lol:

Xtermy 4th April 2007 07:14 PM

Well, first of all, I hadn't known that the BSplayerPro development team had implemented a new anti-piracy defence mechanism in this new release version.

Secondly, blaiming me for piracy after I had been using this application (legaly) for about 3 years, and enjoyed using it, is just nonsense and a senseless accusation.

adicoto 4th April 2007 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xtermy
Well, first of all, I hadn't known that the BSplayerPro development team had implemented a new anti-piracy defence mechanism in this new release version.

Now you know.

Quote:

Secondly, blaiming me for piracy after I had been using this application (legaly) for about 3 years, and enjoyed using it, is just nonsense and a senseless accusation.

In this case, please excuse us and contact BSPlayer's team directly from the form used by the owners of a legal PRO version.

PS. I am glad you found BSPlayer as a good player and hope you will enjoy it many years from now.

Xtermy 5th April 2007 02:21 AM

Thanks, I will, if people won't keep accusing me with piracy... :roll:

Tizio 5th April 2007 07:34 PM

Quote:

Thanks, I will, if people won't keep accusing me with piracy... :roll:

As I already wrote in my first post, if I was wrong forgive me and contact BSplayer staff through the appropriate form ;)

Ico-man 10th April 2007 01:43 PM

@Xtermy

"Secondly, blaiming me for piracy after I had been using this application (legaly) for about 3 years"

Can you, please, let us know your transaction ID or email used for the purchase, so we can help you out?

You can reveal this info here or PM me.

Ico-man 15th May 2007 10:06 AM

Off course, we received no info about his alleged purchase.

:roll:

p78 4th June 2008 05:58 AM

I have the same problem with automatically closing after 3 seconds but I have BSPlayerPro in Trial 30-days version. Before I used old freeware v1.36. But this issue happen only with several videos. not at all. All of these videos play good in old BSplayer and MPC. Is it really some antipiracy or another bug?

I am using Vista Home Premium SP1 - could be this problem?

BSPeter 4th June 2008 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p78
...I have BSPlayerPro in Trial 30-days version.

Hmm, interesting! From where did you obtain it?
:wink:

p78 5th June 2008 05:22 AM

I download this from http://bsplayer-pro.en.softonic.com/ - only click download evaluation. Because I want to try what is difference between free and Pro before I will buy it... And this website was one of first when I search. Something wrong with this version?
My first idea was that this autoclose after 3sec is causing by Vista but you think that I use some "cracked" version - right? But really not, I can send you screenshot where is the screen with choosing between Registration, Evaluation and Buy if you want...

Exist some other version to try Pro version without any spyware and with full function?

adicoto 5th June 2008 03:52 PM

That version it's unoficial, there is no such thing. Somebody cracked the PRO version and posted on that site. Seems that the crack wasn't so reliable and the internal patch for piracy (automatic closing after 3-4 seconds) it's working well.

J7N 5th June 2008 10:16 PM

What a bulls**t review they posted on Softonic.com... Couldn't resist. :lol:

Quote:

BSplayer [..] specializes in video and DivX playback.
So, DivX is not video? Or do you mean BS.Player can somehow access VHS, what is also called "video" in Germany?

Quote:

The aim of the player is to "enable users to focus on watching the movie instead of [..] running around looking for a proper settings and codecs."
This is exactly what you'll have to do with BS.Player.

Quote:

It supports all kinds of media including avi, mpeg, asf, wmv, mp3, etc but also specializes in DivX playback.
Someone has neglected to visit the library lately.

Quote:

it does not use much of the processing power, its more suited to those users with slower machines that are not looking for too many fancy features.
Excuse me. Is this article about libavcodec?

Quote:

OS requirements for BSPlayer:
Didn't they drop Win98 support lately?

p78 6th June 2008 07:32 AM

Hmmm, so no possibility to try PRO version as trial as I understand. I uninstall this "cracked" version, thank you for support. I install freeware version with WhenUSave but this autoclosing after 3secs happen again (with the same videos, not all videos, only several). So I donĀ“t know what is happen but as I loved BSPlayer, I starting hate it.... Old version 136.825 working perfectly all time, Media Player Classic, VLC player too - so what is your advice now?

BSPeter 6th June 2008 10:39 AM

WhenUSavewas replaced by AdVantage almost a year ago now (so I'd almost ask: from where did you download it).
:?
How did you uninstall? Sure that illegal version was completely removed? If not maybe delete any installation residue manually.
Further note that "not all videos, only several" is not very informative! E.g. read item (3) of my Help2Help-post (a.k.a. "READ THIS FIRST BEFORE POSTING")

p78 6th June 2008 11:08 AM

This was some older version but now I reinstall it with last one ( 2.28 ) but still have problem with some .avi (divx or xvid does not matter, still the same files has problem 3secs and autoclose). I have installed last ffdshow codec.

Tizio 9th June 2008 09:54 AM

Hi!
First of all uninstall BSplayer, then go to C:\Program Files\ and see if a BSplayer folder is still there (delete it), then see if there's a SAVE or ADVANCE folder (delete them and if you can't, open task manager and kill SAVE.exe and/or ADVANCE.exe processes, then try again to delete those folders), then go to C:\Users\[USER_NAME]\AppData\Roaming\ and delete BSplayer folder.
Now reinstall BSplayer and the problem should be gone away :roll: