Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/)
-   -   Can BS player read and display subtitle direct from file? (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/8477-can-bs-player-read-display-subtitle-direct-file.html)

minami 4th August 2007 04:57 PM

Can BS player read and display subtitle direct from file?

Hi all,

Can BS player read and display subtitles direct from a file instead of reading them from the memory? I have this need because whenever I correct my draft subtitles, I need to reload them. Otherwise, BS player continues to display the earlier subtitles. It seems to me it loads the subtitles into the memory and reads them from there.

I have unchecked the "Load Subtitles into memory" setting, but apparently, it does not work.

Any advice is appreciated. TIA!

BSPeter 4th August 2007 08:42 PM

Re: Can BS player read and display subtitle direct from file

Quote:

Originally Posted by minami
... whenever I correct my draft subtitles, I need to reload them. Otherwise, BS player continues to display the earlier subtitles. It seems to me it loads the subtitles into the memory and reads them from there.

I'm afraid you're correct. Unchecking the "Load Subtitles into memory" setting doen't help as that concerns VobSub.
:wink:
P.S.:
Are you using BS.Player Pro's own subtitle editor or an external one?
(I suspect the second option.)

minami 5th August 2007 02:36 AM

Hi BSPeter,
Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPeter
Are you using BS.Player Pro's own subtitle editor or an external one? (I suspect the second option.)

Thank you for your reply!
Yes, I am using an external program that caters specifically to my translation habits.

Best,

J7N 5th August 2007 03:16 AM

How about using a program with live preview, such as Subtitle Workshop?

minami 5th August 2007 05:21 AM

Hi J7N:
Quote:

Originally Posted by J7N
How about using a program with live preview, such as Subtitle Workshop?

Thanks for the advice. I have tried Subtitle Workshop but have not find it to be useful, essentially because it is button-driven, not using keyboard-shortcut. Having to point and click slow down the subtitling process. Also, it does not display Chinese characters correctly, which is my main target language. But please correct me if I am wrong about SW because I have not thoroughly tested it.
THanks!

adicoto 5th August 2007 08:57 AM

Could I reccomend you Subtitles Translator ? You'll find the shortcut keys easy to use and more of that, you can define the combination you want for every action.

minami 5th August 2007 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adicoto
Could I reccomend you Subtitles Translator ? You'll find the shortcut keys easy to use and more of that, you can define the combination you want for every action.

Adicoto,
Thanks for your recommendation. Will definitely download and try it!

J7N 5th August 2007 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minami
Also, it does not display Chinese characters correctly, which is my main target language.

I have no way of telling if the Chinese characters displayed are correct or not. :)