Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 8th September 2007
BS.Player Power User

kimiraikkonen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gspot 2.52 and MPEG movies

Hi friends,
I sometimes check my video files, especially avi or MPEG files. First i thought Gspot wasn't good at handling Mpeg movies but i had it on also avi (divx) ones.

Here it is: If i check a video (mpeg or avi) via Gspot test section at the bottom Gspot, i pass test 1 OK, then test 2 fails with some weird error reports, then test 3 can play video fine also (with no sound). But these movies can be played well with Bsplayer Pro, however i have Mainconcept Mpeg filter to decode, and Intervideo encoder/decoder for my 3rd party TV recording software. When playing with Bsplayer, Mainconcept filters are used and no major problems occur. But Gspot report that weird error for its "own" test, near it MS tests passed Ok,fine.

Off-topic Gspot 2.52 does not show correct or any bitrate of movies such as divx (avi).

Please look at screenshot, i couldn't make out the meaning.

Note1: Old Gspot 2.2 shows normal and acceptable results (no errors, show real bitrates of Avi ones)

Note2: Latest Gspot 2.70a shows same test errors within its own test mechanism, but in MS ones no problem.

Again, the movies are played well with Bsplayer (theres'no huge problems, quite smooth)

Very thanks.

Screenshot of Gspot 2.52:
http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/6984/gspottu7.gif
Old 9th September 2007
BS.Player Power User

J7N is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Gspot 2.52 and MPEG movies

I think the situation where some applications are unable to play your file is expected if you have so many DirectShow filters installed: MainConcept, InterVideo, Nero, DivX 6.

Capturing software and digital cameras often produce invalid MPEG-2 programs. I believe that the right choice here is to fix the video files, not find a pack of filters that deliver acceptable output.
Old 9th September 2007
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Intevideo's splitter with mainconcept's decoder, there isn't any wonder Gspot can't render the file in some situations.
Old 9th September 2007
BS.Player Power User

kimiraikkonen is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes there are Nero filters (obligatory) , InterVideo (for TV capture software), Mainconcept (real decoder in use with Bsplayer). However Mainconcept decodes OK but i just wondered why Gspot reported weird errors.

I also really need to know which filter/softwre is the best for recording smooth MPEG2 files through my AverTV card, in order to play OK with Bsplayer.

Thanks.
Old 10th September 2007
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

I am using InterVideo WinDVD creator for a long time, with no problems at all.

Tags
gspot, movies, mpeg