Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/)
-   -   Video is upside down .... (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/8560-video-upside-down.html)

ronshor 4th October 2007 09:18 PM

Video is upside down ....
 
For some reason bs player has a problem with my mpeg files and plays them all upside down

Is there any option in the player to flip the video ?

BSPeter 4th October 2007 11:21 PM

Check out which codec/filter BS.Player is using and look at that codec/filter's options.
(rightclick >) Options > Filters > Advanced ..... (etc)
:wink:

ronshor 5th October 2007 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPeter
Check out which codec/filter BS.Player is using and look at that codec/filter's options.
(rightclick >) Options > Filters > Advanced ..... (etc)

I tried that and I found that the codec is mpeg video decoder but I dont have any option there to flip the video .... (I noticed that there's an option to flip a video in movies that use xvid codec, but my xvid videos are just fine so I dont need that option with the xvid files... at least for now.

What's weird about this is that I noticed that although media player classic uses the same codec for this files the problem doesn't exist in this player and these files play just fine in media player classic.

Is there any other way I can flip these videos and watch them on bs player ..?

Tizio 8th October 2007 03:04 PM

Are you using RGB Rendering mode?
Try to use another rendering mode (CTRL+P -> Video -> Video rendering -> select Default video renderer)
Otherwise try to switch between two rendering mode.

If the problem persists, try to delete the BSplayer.xml preferences file (in BSplayer installation dir or in C:\Documents and Settings\USER_NAME\Application Data\BSplayer)
then start BSplayer and try to play a file (note that this way you'll loose your settings)

As a last try, you can install ffdshow which has an option to flip the video vertically..

Good luck

ronshor 8th October 2007 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tizio
Are you using RGB Rendering mode?
Try to use another rendering mode (CTRL+P -> Video -> Video rendering -> select Default video renderer)
Otherwise try to switch between two rendering mode.

If the problem persists, try to delete the BSplayer.xml preferences file (in BSplayer installation dir or in C:\Documents and Settings\USER_NAME\Application Data\BSplayer)
then start BSplayer and try to play a file (note that this way you'll loose your settings)

As a last try, you can install ffdshow which has an option to flip the video vertically..

Good luck


I tried your first suggestion and it didn't work (I was already on the default settings but I tried other options like you suggested)

As to your second suggestion, for some reason I couldn't find the preferences file but never mind I'm willing to try ffdshow
option but I have some questions before

1. Are you sure that the option to flip the video in ffdshow is going to work on all video formats ??
Because as I said before I already found something like that in the xvid codec on my pc but It only works on videos who use xvid as a codec and not on all videos

2. I already have DIVX and XVID codecs installed on my pc. Is it okay to install the ffdshow right now ?
I mean, Is there a chance that it's all going to be a big mess with too many codecs and I'm going to end up having a bigger problem.

J7N 8th October 2007 10:33 PM

If you choose to install ffdshow there is no point keeping DivX and XviD (if only you want to encode xvids).

Tizio 9th October 2007 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronshor
As to your second suggestion, for some reason I couldn't find the preferences file but never mind I'm willing to try ffdshow
option but I have some questions before

Application Data folder is hidden, you have to unhide it:
1. Open Explorer (not Internet Explorer) -> click on Tools menu -> Folder settings... -> Visualization -> and select Show hidden files and folders

ronshor 10th October 2007 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tizio
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronshor
As to your second suggestion, for some reason I couldn't find the preferences file but never mind I'm willing to try ffdshow
option but I have some questions before

Application Data folder is hidden, you have to unhide it:
1. Open Explorer (not Internet Explorer) -> click on Tools menu -> Folder settings... -> Visualization -> and select Show hidden files and folders

I found the application data folder and I saw all the other programs folders in it but I couldn't find the bs player folder there (maybe because I'm still using 1.37 version ...?)

What about FFDSHOW that you mentioned before, does it really work for all file formats?
(I mean the option to flip the video)

Is it going to be a problem to have it along side with the DIVX and the XVID CODECS (I'm doing some video editing on virtual dub from time to time so I guess I still need these codecs on my pc )

J7N 10th October 2007 11:02 PM

ffdshow can be used as a video processor w/o decompression. You can pump any video through ffdshow. But it will result in some processing overhead. You'll need a bit more cpu & ram compared to simple playback.

For work in VirtualDub you can leave the Xvid VFW codec and remove everything else – all DivXNetworks stuff, and the DirectShow decoder of Xvid.

ronshor 11th October 2007 02:02 PM

Let me see if I understand this correctly.
What you say is that FFDSHOW is not like most codecs, it's a tool that lets you choose if you want to use it or not every time you watch a movie.

Am I getting this right ?

And something more I want to add about my problem.
I checked it again and the problem is NOT happening with all MPEG files.
It's the MPEG-1 and the DIV 3.11 files that are upside down.

The DIV 3.11 files are also played upside down
in media player classic and windows media player but are played just fine in DIV X player, winamp and VLC

MPEG-1 files are played upside down only in BS PLAYER.

Tizio 11th October 2007 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronshor
I found the application data folder and I saw all the other programs folders in it but I couldn't find the bs player folder there (maybe because I'm still using 1.37 version ...?)

So, if you use v1.37, BSplayer.xml file is located in BSplayer installation directory
As I told you in my first reply:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tizio
If the problem persists, try to delete the BSplayer.xml preferences file (in BSplayer installation dir or.....

It v1.37 may be named BSplayer.USER_NAME.xml :wink:

ronshor 11th October 2007 04:25 PM

Okay I foud it

The file name is BSplayer.ADMINISTRATOR .xml document
8kb size

I deleted it but the problem still exists....

I was just wondering... nobody else was having problems playing
MPEG -1 files in the past with version 1.37 ???

J7N 12th October 2007 04:53 AM

I had this problem on a freshly installed machine once or two times, while no proper codecs were installed (read – ffdshow). I think that if DirectShow uses a VFW codec there is a great chance to video be flipped.

ffdshow is a Windows component that's a decoder of most popular audio and video formats and also a processor. For decoding it uses great Open Source libraries. To let it work on your video or audio, select it to handle uncompressed data and configure what processing you want. Support for any compressed format (decoding and processing) or uncompressed data (only processing) can be switched on and off anytime.

adicoto 13th October 2007 11:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the setting for the encoder

adicoto 13th October 2007 12:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the setting for the decoder

ronshor 16th October 2007 03:14 PM

Okay

Thanks everybody for helping me understand this problem better.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20