Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   Subtitles (http://forum.bsplayer.com/subtitles/)
-   -   Problems with hebrew script on bs player 2.5 (http://forum.bsplayer.com/subtitles/10168-problems-hebrew-script-bs-player-2-5-a.html)

eyalis 4th November 2009 12:58 AM

Problems with hebrew script on bs player 2.5

I've upgraded my (amazing :) bs player to version 2.5, and now every time I use hebrew subtitles, they are loaded with western script instead of hebrew script, and I need to change it manually every time
On previous versions it worked well.
Is there any settings I need to change or is it a bug?

Thanks!

Ico-man 5th November 2009 12:40 PM

Try to use new renderer for subtitles.

eyalis 12th November 2009 09:21 AM

Here are the results

First of all, hebrew does work without the new renderer (if I choose it explicitly), and does not work at all (!) with the new renderer.

Second, I found why the new player does not remember my settings (any settings!) - I use windows vista, and apparently the new player agree to save my settings only if I run it with Administrator permissions (previous versions allow my user to save settings as well) - even though I installed it from my user.

Thanks again,
Eyal

Ico-man 13th November 2009 10:47 AM

1. probably mkv embedded subtitles? This should be fixed in next beta.

2. Install BS.P to default folder and everything should work fine, just leave all options to default at installation.

Tizio 14th November 2009 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ico-man (Beitrag 39291)
1. probably mkv embedded subtitles? This should be fixed in next beta.

2. Install BS.P to default folder and everything should work fine, just leave all options to default at installation.

3. Add admin rights to BSplayer installation directory if you decided to save preferences in BSplayer install dir :tonguey:

daragaard 5th April 2010 11:13 PM

newb question

i see the Hebrew SRT's i download in a bad format,
so?
how do i change the renderer to make it work better (at the moment it uses FFDshow), and how do i fix the Hebrew subs problems, it did work once very well and now it's not and it's annoying, i need it to work from time to time.
I need something to cover every type of files, AVI, Mpeg, MKV, WMV and so on and so forth

i just moved from MV2player to BSplayer I'm kinda fighting the hoards that keep tell me to use VLC so please give me some guide lines as to how to fix this annoying problem.
I really like BSp

Thank you.

BSPeter 6th April 2010 01:14 AM

Is script set to Hebrew?
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Subtitles [Subtitle properties]
Then click on "Font" and select font and (at the bottom) script.
Or (with a movie and subtitle-file loaded):
(rightclick >) Subtitles > PrimarySecondary > Subtitle properties > Font .... (and select Hebrew script).
:wink:

daragaard 6th April 2010 10:07 AM

yes all is set as you wrote and still all i see are windings marks or squesrs but not letters.