Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   Subtitles (http://forum.bsplayer.com/subtitles/)
-   -   subs with different name are not displayed (http://forum.bsplayer.com/subtitles/11553-subs-different-name-not-displayed.html)

dok 20th July 2010 08:34 PM

subs with different name are not displayed

Hi
Recently, I downloaded version 2.53 build 1034.21 and unlike previous versions I had, I can't upload subtitles with a different name. I n order to see subtitles when movie is playing, I need to change their name first..

Is it new, or can I do something in order to change this? :confused:

thank you

BSPeter 20th July 2010 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dok (Beitrag 42351)
...I can't upload subtitles with a different name. In order to see subtitles when movie is playing, I need to change their name first..

1) When you say "upload" you mean "download" or ....?
2) Perhaps first update to most recent version/build (now 2.54.1041 with date/time-code 201007201504).
3) Let us know if your problem persists in that build.
:wink:
P.S.:
Did you expect BS.Player to play the subtitles automatically or did you manually load the subs (and they don't show)?
To manually load a subtitle you must have the videofile loaded first, then:
depress [Ctrl]+[L](together) or do a rightclick and select "Load subtitles"
etc.

dok 21st July 2010 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPeter (Beitrag 42352)
1) When you say "upload" you mean "download" or ....?
2) Perhaps first update to most recent version/build (now 2.54.1041 with date/time-code 201007201504).
3) Let us know if your problem persists in that build.
P.S.:
Did you expect BS.Player to play the subtitles automatically or did you manually load the subs (and they don't show)?
To manually load a subtitle you must have the videofile loaded first, then:
depress [Ctrl]+[L](together) or do a rightclick and select "Load subtitles"
etc.

I use bs player for several years and I know how to use it. Never had this problem.
I mean that when I'm loading manually the subs, they don't show, unless I change their name.
As I said, in earlier versions, I didn't have to change their name. I just chose them after loading the movie and I could see them..

I hope this is more clear now..

thank you for your support.

BSPeter 21st July 2010 09:48 PM

Can you give an example of what exactly you change (filename from what into what) as I have no such problem overhere whatsoever. I see and can load any subtitle-file however named. Nothing has changed for me. (I suppose we're talking about sub-files saved by you somewhere on your HD? Also I assume you didn't change to another PC or change its Operating System?)

dok 22nd July 2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPeter (Beitrag 42359)
Can you give an example of what exactly you change (filename from what into what) as I have no such problem overhere whatsoever. I see and can load any subtitle-file however named. Nothing has changed for me. (I suppose we're talking about sub-files saved by you somewhere on your HD? Also I assume you didn't change to another PC or change its Operating System?)

Thank you so much. It really happens with files from my previous operating system.Doesn't happen with "new" files.

Again thanks a lot.:happyroll:

BSPeter 22nd July 2010 07:01 PM

I'm still curious what kind of file(name)s?

dok 22nd July 2010 08:22 PM

ok, for example:

FlashForward.S01E22.720p.HDTV.x264-CTU.mkv

flashforward.s01e22.720p.hdtv.x264-ctu.srt

as you can see there is a difference

adicoto 22nd July 2010 10:44 PM

Actually, there is no difference between the names. But sometimes, when there is a subtitle included into the MKV, BSPlayer fails to load the external one.

dok 22nd July 2010 11:09 PM

As I posted before, with the "old" subs ( before I changed the operating system), I needed to change the name to be the same. That's how I could upload them.
Anyways, thank you very much. You were very kind and helpful.:thumbs_up: