Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   Subtitles (http://forum.bsplayer.com/subtitles/)
-   -   OpenSubtitles.org support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/subtitles/11594-opensubtitles-org-support.html)

opensubtitles 9th August 2010 04:31 PM

[OpenSubtitles.org] report problems here

Hi everybody,

webmaster of opensubtitles.org writing. If you have any questions concerning our service in BS.Player, just ask here, or PM me, I am willing to help.

I am sorry for being offline sometimes, also now, load to API servers are just huge, we are in progress of upgrading servers, so in future, you will don't have to wait so long time to deliver subtitles to your screen. But everything costs money...

When I am looking to stats, BS.Player is the most popular client on OpenSubtitles.org, in peak times, we got more than 4000 BS.Players users online.

Enjoy our free service.

P.S.: We are on twitter, so follow us, when you want to be informed, what is happening right now.

Ico-man 12th November 2010 11:26 AM

Can you check this: http://forum.bsplayer.com/bug-report...html#post43125

fuyaka 21st February 2012 12:19 PM

I cant upload via bsplayer, I used to can but now it says errror occured while sending
(see this post)

opensubtitles 22nd February 2012 04:21 PM

without debug log I can not help.

fuyaka 22nd February 2012 05:27 PM

Where can I find debug file?

Ico-man 23rd February 2012 10:16 AM

The reason could be a temporary unavailability of the server. Does this still happen?

Paul_Naegels 7th December 2016 11:00 AM

Hello there

Having problems lately with downloading subs from opensubtitles with BS player. Any news?

Thnx!

opensubtitles 7th December 2016 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul_Naegels (Beitrag 84887)
Hello there

Having problems lately with downloading subs from opensubtitles with BS player. Any news?

Thnx!

always check Subtitles - download movie and TV Series subtitles from the biggest open subtitles database if it is working. If not, it is not working also in BSPlayer (Simply stated). We have been doing in this time some database changes, so site was down for a while. now is back

Sageadvisor 8th January 2017 04:04 PM

Error Opensubtitles.org

The last 2 days when starting a video in bsplayer I get the message Error Opensubtitles.org when bsp does it's search for subs.

Is there a problem with the site?

Thanks

opensubtitles 9th January 2017 09:47 AM

always try:

http://api.opensubtitles.org/xml-rpc

if you get answer, then it is working

Also, recently we got some problem with server, working on fix, so sometimes it is down.

Henkie 28th December 2018 11:38 AM

BS player uses 3 search sites for subtitles. My selected language is Dutch. The last few weeks I got the messages from those 3 sites: no subtitles found. When I go to OpenSubtitles.org, which is one of the subtitle search sites BS is using, and I type in the movie title I get a lot of subtitles (Dutch) for that movie. Why is the automatic subtitle search not working and what can I do to fix this? I didn't change anything in the Menu/Options/Preference.

opensubtitles 1st January 2019 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henkie (Beitrag 86516)
BS player uses 3 search sites for subtitles. My selected language is Dutch. The last few weeks I got the messages from those 3 sites: no subtitles found. When I go to OpenSubtitles.org, which is one of the subtitle search sites BS is using, and I type in the movie title I get a lot of subtitles (Dutch) for that movie. Why is the automatic subtitle search not working and what can I do to fix this? I didn't change anything in the Menu/Options/Preference.

please check how subtitles search work, specially moviehash feature. Read here more OpenSubtitles.org

TheLoneBaker 21st February 2020 05:24 AM

I’ve been using bs player for awhile now I have noticed that when I do a subtitle search it will only search two of the three sources.

It will say checking for subtitles on all three sites and then two of the three pop up with results.

When it comes to opensubtitles it always says error opensubtitles.org

I’ve tried to figure out why but can’t see any problems on my end. My setting and preferences are fine and I see the website itself is active... but still I get an error message for opensubtitles.

It’s been doing this for months now and probably longer than that.

lezero gan 21st February 2020 02:42 PM

ERROR

I have the same error for 3 weeks now.
It worked fine for years before that.
I have PC with the latest versions of home windows 10 and BsPlayer.

When searching for subtitles, getsubtitle and bsplayer-subtitles are working OK, but I get "error OpenSubtitles.org ".

Browsing Manually OpenSubtitles.org is OK. Also, OpenSubtitles.org works fine with VLC player. So something happened to BsPlayer or to its protocol with OpenSubtitles.

opensubtitles 23rd February 2020 08:37 AM

the SSL certificate expired and just for this reason have to renew it, Cloudflare doesnt support 2nd TLD SSL certificates...

https://bsplayer.api.opensubtitles.org/xml-rpc doesnt load properly, thats why you can not get it working

miguelito 23rd February 2020 12:26 PM

This is still not working. What do you have to do to get it working??

opensubtitles 24th February 2020 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miguelito (Beitrag 87783)
This is still not working. What do you have to do to get it working??

we are working on fix, right now we have to change CAA zone for domain, I guess it will work in 2 days

Ico-man 24th February 2020 10:36 AM

TLS is not the issue here, we are working on a fix, should be implemented today.

TheLoneBaker 2nd March 2020 03:51 AM

Whatever was done fixed the problem for only a couple days. It now says error once again.

keanna 3rd March 2020 01:40 AM

Still getting "error OpenSubtitles.org " for new subtitles (search works just fine for old releases). Also, I can find them manually on opensubtitles.org, only automatic download doesn’t work.

opensubtitles 7th March 2020 10:25 PM

from our side we fixed problem, now you can open
https://bsplayer.api.opensubtitles.org/xml-rpc

(sometimes it is down, but thats another issue)

TheLoneBaker 20th March 2020 04:31 AM

I have to say that I have not seen that link working even once since you last posted it...

TheLoneBaker 11th July 2020 01:53 AM

Still not working a single time and it is now July...

jrp32a 14th July 2020 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lezero gan (Beitrag 87780)
I have the same error for 3 weeks now.
It worked fine for years before that.
I have PC with the latest versions of home windows 10 and BsPlayer.

When searching for subtitles, getsubtitle and bsplayer-subtitles are working OK, but I get "error OpenSubtitles.org ".

Browsing Manually OpenSubtitles.org is OK. Also, OpenSubtitles.org works fine with VLC player. So something happened to BsPlayer or to its protocol with OpenSubtitles.

did you also have problems with bsplayer-subtitles and if so, how did you fix that? Thanks.

Cardoom 16th October 2020 11:36 PM

Well, this is happening to me right now and the problem is not that I can't find some subtitles, but it shows ''comprobando subtitulos...(opensubtitles.org)'' on the top and it's pretty annoying since they won't disapear ever. No one got a solution?

Idealy, I'd like that opensubtitles works, but for now, i just want that message to disapire so i can enjoy my videos.

Exoskeletor 9th December 2020 03:49 PM

"error OpenSubtitles.org "

Still getting error, i have also enter username and password for OpenSubtitles.org

radenko 6th October 2022 01:02 AM

opensubtitles.org

What is about opensubtitles.org, is it available for auto download in BS player still ?

How to solve it or delete notification "checking for subtitles" ?

manokima 11th June 2023 10:56 AM

Υπότιτλοι

Καλημέρα ζητώ βοήθεια. Ξανακατέβασα το Bsplayer γιατί έκανα πολλές αλλαγές στο PC μου και από τότε, κατεβάζω μεν σειρές ή έργα και ελληνικοί υπότιτλοι που ενσωματώνονται, όχι όμως οι φάκελοί τους. Αποτέλεσμα όταν μεταφέρω τη σειρά με εξωτερικό δίσκο από το PC στην TV δεν υπάρχουν ελληνικοί αλλά αγγλικοί υπότιτλοι. Παλιά δεν υπήρχε τέτοιο θέμα γιατί κατέβαιναν και οι φάκελοι των ελληνικών υποτίτλων. Γιατί;

michaelfreim 7th January 2024 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLoneBaker (Beitrag 87779)
I’ve been using bs player for awhile now I have noticed that when I do a subtitle search it will only search two of the three sources.

It will say checking for subtitles on all three sites and then two of the three pop up with results.

When it comes to opensubtitles it always says error opensubtitles.org

I’ve tried to figure out why but can’t see any problems on my end. My setting and preferences are fine and I see the website itself is active... but still I get an error message for opensubtitles.

It’s been doing this for months now and probably longer than that.

I have the same issue. Did anyone find a solution?