Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 27th August 2012
BS.Player Newbie

alanarg is on a distinguished road
Exclamation 5.1 Surround on BSPlayer

Hi everyone, my name is Alan and I'm new here. I'm from Argentina so, sorry for my rusty english.

I was trying to make it work a 5.1 sound system Bose with BSPlayer and AC3Filter (and Intervideo Audio Decoder) but it doesn't work.

At first I installed just the BSPlayer, but when I tried to change the audio preferences it doesn't work (the part of the "audio > intervideo audio", I selected the 5.1 option) so I google the issue and I found this forum, and this thread.

There, an user called "hazmat42" says that if you download AC3Filter or Intervideo Audio Decoder it should worked, and the user that had the same problem as me confirmed that "hazmat42" was right. I did everything what "hazmat42" says, but it didn't work for me. I mean I download "AC3Filter" and change the configuration (no results) and then I download "Intervideo Audio Decoder" and change the configuration in BSPlayer's preferences (as hazmat42 says) but no results either because when I change the preferences and close the preferences window and open it again I discover that it cames back to stereo.

Reading a bit more about this I found another forum that says that if you change the BSPlayer's preferences you have to keep the window open, because if not the changes don't save. I tried this too, but there wasn't luck.

I'm connecting my notebook with HDMI to my home theatre system Bose, video and sound it's perfect, but just stereo.

I hope you can help me, thanks for everything.
Old 28th August 2012
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

First of all, that InterVideo configuration window is legacy and doesn't actually do something. So, forget about it.
Second, does your speaker configuration is set to 5.1 in audio configuration (Window's configuration, not BSPlayer's) ? Usually, by default, on a laptop this is set to stereo.
When you play 5.1 sound, in AC3Filter's main window can you see input signal as 5.1 or is it stereo ?
Output is set to 5.1 ?
Old 28th August 2012
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto View Post
First of all, that InterVideo configuration window is legacy and doesn't actually do something. So, forget about it.
Second, does your speaker configuration is set to 5.1 in audio configuration (Window's configuration, not BSPlayer's) ? Usually, by default, on a laptop this is set to stereo.
When you play 5.1 sound, in AC3Filter's main window can you see input signal as 5.1 or is it stereo ?
Output is set to 5.1 ?
Yes, in Window's configuration I choose the option that says "Bose etc." and 5.1, I also do a test prooving that works the 5.1 sound.

What you mean with "AC3Filter's main window"? The main window is the config window?
Old 28th August 2012
BS.Player Master

See the attachement. Main window of AC3Filter, 5.1 config (top left) input and output signal on the right
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AC3Main.jpg (114.1 KB, 56 views)
Old 28th August 2012
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
See the attachement. Main window of AC3Filter, 5.1 config (top left) input and output signal on the right
The "output format" it's in 5.1, but when I play the input and output signal didn't change as you can see in this picture.

asd.jpg
Old 28th August 2012
BS.Player Master

I can see that AC3Filter reports unknown input.
What kind of file are you playing ? (AVI, MKV..... ?)
Sound is AC3 ? DTS ? AAC ?
Old 28th August 2012
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
I can see that AC3Filter reports unknown input.
What kind of file are you playing ? (AVI, MKV..... ?)
Sound is AC3 ? DTS ? AAC ?
The file is ".mkv", and I don't know what sound is, I don't know how to know it if you know what I mean.

Thanks for everything.
Old 28th August 2012
BS.Player Master

Usually MKV's come with AC3 or DTS sound.

So, first of all, play the file and post here filters used to decode the file ( play file -> rightclick -> options -> filters)
Second, open the file in programs such MediaInfo (which shows which codecs were used to encode the file)
Old 3rd December 2012
BS.player Regular User

cvrak is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I've made a clean win 8 pro 64 bit clean installation in my laptop, and I've installed bs player and AC3 filter.
I have connected Creative X-Fi Extreme Audio Notebook 5.1 speakers.
When I play an MKV file with DD 5.1 sound, in bs player the ac3 input is 2.0 stereo, the output 5.1 (set by me).
Any ideas why the bs player doesn't understand the 5.1 input? Before new installation the mkv played ok.

Pls advise

Regards
Chris
Old 4th December 2012
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Like adicoto already mentioned in his last post in this thread:
Please let us know the filters used by BS.Player when playing the file:
rightclick > Options > Filters > Advanced.
Be sure to click on "Source" and on the small +signs in front of the filters/codecs shown so that further info (and access) becomes available.

(If applicable: forget about BS.Player's "InterVideo AC3-page".)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 4th December 2012
BS.player Regular User

Hi,
I send you a screen capture from Options/Filters/Advanced
Attached Images
File Type: jpg capture_002_04122012_101156.jpg (67.3 KB, 44 views)
Old 5th December 2012
BS.player Regular User

Hi again,

I uninstalled bs player 2.51, installed the latest version and also the ac3 2.5 version.
Still, while playing 5.1 mkv file, the audio input is 2.0.
Can anyone help? Is it possible combatibility issue with win 8?
Old 7th December 2012
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Regretfully, I'm not on Windows 8 yet, so I cannot test.
Maybe adicoto or Ico-man?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 7th December 2012
BS.Player Master

One of the first problem when Win 7 was introduced it was about setting sound configuration to 5.1. By default, laptops have stereo output so, in my opinion, when installed Win 8 will set audio output to stereo. And that is in Window's control panel, audio output, speaker configuration. So, the decoding chain will be set to stereo before inputing to AC3Filter. If it's available in speaker configuration, the option 5.1 must be set.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Audio output.jpg (111.7 KB, 36 views)

Tags
5.1, surround