Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 27th June 2004
BS.Player Newbie

BQuick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Color settings bug

With Build 808 the color settings feature was working.I could increase the brightness for the films (that otherwise appear too dark with my FX5200) and the setting was memorised.

With Build 809 the increasing of brightness has no effect.Even if i put it at 100 the film remains the same.Dark.Running on Win XP

BTW,can i download the 808 from somewhere?

Thanks.
Old 27th June 2004
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Check if under
rightclick > Options > Preferences > Video > Video rendering
"Use Overlay Mode 1" (or 2) is selected. If not please try if it makes a difference.
Perhaps also see this previous post.

Further almost any previous build of BSPlayer can be downloaded here.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 27th June 2004
BS.Player Newbie

No,sorry,it was my mistake.I 've had a problem with the PC lately i had to restore the registry and apparently something went wrong with Nvidia drivers.I re-installed them and now all is fine. Foolish of me not to think of it earlier.

Thank you very much,awesome programme.
Old 27th June 2004
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQuick
awesome programme
Couldn't agree more and I've been a user of BSPlayer as created by bst since quite some time already!
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 27th June 2004
BS.Player Newbie

I ve only discovered it since Build 808 when i got tired of seeing WMP9 taking all my CPU (2500+ Athlon) to play an avi.I mean,BSPlayer has more features and takes 1/3rd CPU compared to WMP9. This alone is enough for me to say WMP9 goodbye :)
Old 27th June 2004
BS.Player Newbie

I don't beleive this.I m having this bug again....All of a sudden.I watched an avi before all fine.Now the brightness won't work again! i ve' overlay 1 but setting 2 ot none doesn't make a difference.Anyway,in these days i have programmed a format an re.installation of Win XP.I ll see if that will fix things.
Old 28th June 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Maybe i found the problem.AVI files don't have problem. DIVX files do.Can you reproduce this?
Old 28th June 2004
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQuick
AVI files don't have problem. DIVX files do.
I'm afraid this doesn't help too much.
DivX is just one of the "formats"(=codecs) used to create .avi-files.
You can find out more using a program like GSpot (see 2nd item of my Help-to-Help post; there's a link at the bottom of each of my posts).
Check [Start] > Programs > DivX > DivX Codec > Decoder Configuration Utility > Quality settings.
If "Yuv extended mode" is selected; try if it makes any difference if you deselect it.
Old 29th June 2004
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Yes, sometimes DivX files (yes, they do exist) can create some problems (I once had one file and converted to.avi). But color settings are accesibile via videocard drivers. Maybe there is the problem.

Tags
color, settings