Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 25th August 2006
BS.Player Newbie

Raphael is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can't open subtitles

I'm sorry for making a new thread. I read the Help2Help but it did not help me, and I also tried to look for other topics with the same problem and a solution.

Okay, the problem is that there's one movie with subtitles that I cannot open (I mean, I can open the video.) The video in in .avi-format and I've tried to open the subtitle file in both .txt and .srt formats. (Mostly in .srt, though.)
The names of the files are the same, but nevertheless, the player does not open the subtitle file automatically (they are also in the same folder).
When I try to "open subtitles" via BSPlayer Menu, I can see those files, but although I open them manually like that, they do not open. There are no menus available in the subtitle-category of the BSPlayer menu either.
I've managed to open other movies in such video- and subtitle-formats. I also know that there cannot be anything wrong with the subtitle file.
My BSPlayer is vrs. 1.35.
I've also checked out the settings and I can't see anything strange there.
Old 25th August 2006
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Are subtitles enabled under
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Subtitles > [Subtitle properties]?
And what about "Draw subtitles to overlay surface" (also under [Subtitle properties])?
http://bsplayer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18673#18673
(a bit up in the same thread: http://bsplayer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18607#18607 )
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

Tags
open, subtitles