Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 21st January 2005
BS.player Regular User

niranjit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how to save with subtitles

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how i can save the movie with the subtitles with it. Because when i load the subtitles and try saving it with the movie it doesn't show up
Old 21st January 2005
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

BSPlayer has its own subtitle-handler for external (text-based) subtitles (as a player).
I understand you wish to permanently "burn" the subtitles in your .avi file
(so that subtitles are shown in any player (and cannot be switched off!)).
Unfortunately that is not one of BSPlayer's features.

To do that you need (e.g.):
  1. VirtualDub (or VirtualDubMod)
  2. SRT to SSA converter
    or another program that can convert to ssa format subtitles like e.g. SubtitleWorkshop (a link to it is in this post)
  3. subtitler-filter (in its "readme.txt" file is indicated where to put it)"
If you do an (advanced) search on the internet, you can easily find guides "how to".
Success!
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 21st January 2005
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Just happened to come across this site (where indeed "Subtitle Workshop" is used in stead of "SRT to SSA converter". Of course, if your subtitle format isn't .srt (99,9% of my subs are .srt, that's the simple reason why I mentioned "SRT to SSA converter" first and "Subtitle Workshop" second) you should (e.g.) use "Subtitle Workshop" instead).
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 21st January 2005
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Install Virtualdub.
Install VobSub
Open Virtualdub. Load video file. Go to video->compresion and select the same codec and bitrare like the file you loaded (can be seen in file->file information).
Go to audio and be sure "direct stream copy" is selected.
Go to video->filtes and load textsub. Configure it (what is the subtitle file, fonts, position). Go to file->save as avi.
You have an .avi file with permanent subtitle.
You may also use .mkv or .ogm containers to save subtitles inside the containes. Just use VirtualdubMod, and when going to Save as, select .ogm or mkv format.
There is also embedded avi files but in this field I have no expertise.
Old 22nd January 2005
BS.player Regular User

niranjit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default have another question

I wanna put a .srt file on to a tamil movie. But the programs (virtual dub) wont show the subtitle and i followed the instructions carefully.
Old 22nd January 2005
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

In textsub, when opening, did you specified what file to load ? Same name as the video file will be great. And be sure font color isn't black over a black border.

Tags
save, subtitles