Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 21st January 2011
BS.Player Newbie

NSH is on a distinguished road
Default [Lang. Problem] Seeing gibberish instead of Hebrew.

Hi there
I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium, and my problem is that when I change the language to Hebrew, I get gibberish letters. Like in these photos:

Selecting Hebrew Language

The Gibbrish letters as a result

kindly help me
Old 21st January 2011
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

I noticed that you're not using most up to date BS.Player version.
Therefore...
maybe first try an updated language file: http://peterg.coi.co.il/תרגום-BSPlayer.htm ( http://forum.bsplayer.com/40907-post7.html ).
Only if that doesn't help read on...
This maybe related to a known bug in the last three builds.
As a temporary solution:
Under (rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Subtitles [Subtitle properties] ...
(1) ... verify setting of the box "Use new subtitle parser/renderer"; try if (de)selection makes any difference.
(2) ... verify what script is selected under [Font]; if (e.g.) Western .. change it to correct script.

Another possibility is to load the file Hebrew.lng (in subfolder "lang" of BS.Player's installation folder) in Notepad. Without making any changes click on "File" > "Save as" and verify at the bottom what Encoding is selected (e.g. UTF-8 or ANSI). Now change this setting and save file.

(Please let us know the result!)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 21st January 2011
BS.Player Newbie

Thank you,
saving the lang format in various formats [UTF-8, UNICODE]
- proved a success .......

BUT:
it's partly ok,
the prefrences menu is still in gibberish:

Partly Hebrew Partly gibberish
Old 21st January 2011
BS.Player Master

Did you meanwhile update BS.Player version/build?
Are you now using the more up-to-date language-file (or the adapted old one as included in the distribution)?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 21st January 2011
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter View Post
Did you meanwhile update BS.Player version/build?
Are you now using the more up-to-date language-file (or the adapted old one as included in the distribution)?
Thank u very much - problem solved while trying each and every coding method :)

[even while still using my older BSplayer build]

Old 21st January 2011
BS.Player Master

And what encoding did eventually solve it? I suppose either ANSI or UTF-8 (with "Byte Order Mark") as suggested by me?
Old 21st January 2011
BS.Player Newbie

it was indeed UTF-8, the tricky and minor detail was changing the extension back to .lang , because after editing the lagauge file with notepad, even when I chose 'save as all files', it kept the file it in a .txt form.

i dont understand, however the meaning of (with "Byte Order Mark")
Old 22nd January 2011
BS.Player Master

Byte order mark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 20th October 2023
BS.Player Newbie

advanesher is on a distinguished road
Default I was able to solve this problem

After trying everything in this thread, the last thing I tried that seemed to work was surprisingly just changing the font from Ariel to a different hebrew-supporting font (Calibri, David, Guttman etc.) and of course having the script option on Hebrew.
Hope it helps anyone :)

Tags
gibberish, hebrew, lang