Thread: Chapters?
View Single Post
Old 23rd August 2002
BS.Player Newbie

dtebh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Chapters!! This shouldn't be this hard..lol

1. Found Chapter Extractor. It wasn't on Doom9 either. Searched newgroups until I found it. Made a chapter file in BSplayer format. No help. Using the information in the post from earlier in the thread, found that the chapters file was created with a header [ChaptersX]. Removed the 'X'. Then, BSplayer finally read the chapters file (after I went into system prompt and changed the extension to .chf from .txt, which was the only option in Chapter Extractor under the 'bsplayer format setting' - Seems chapter extractor writes a file with the wrong extension which is invisable to BSplayer).

2. Now, the chapters file, after being prompted for (unnecessarily IMO) is identified and loaded, and is seen by BSplayer and now finally displays the chapter table created by Chapter Extractor. WHEW!

3. Guess what! BS Player does not go to any chapter! nor does it go to next/previou! BSplayer will not 'jump' to a time either! I just have a menu under 'chapers' that has a chapters table, but nothing more!!

Is this stuff always this cryptic and difficult? lol

Someone please help this dummy!

Thanks again. :(

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20