View Single Post
Old 24th September 2002
BS.Player Power User

xlv600 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Philippe, it seems to be exactly the tool I was looking for. Really a GOOD job. I've downloaded v0.9

Here are my first impressions
+ It installs itself the right way, and launches from the right-click context menu.
+ It detects both audio streams of my nandub's AVI
+ It detects the bitrates for all streams (Yet, I've not checked the accuracy from my logs, I'll tell you latter)
+ It can recurse subdirs
+ each movie is coted with an icon for no Audio, or OK and NOK, depending if the codec is detected or not.
+ it can record the extracted data in a text file.
+ I love the very detailed informations extracted.
+ the columns of the results list can be sorted, displayed columns can be customized

But:
- Checked options should be saved for next call.
- DX50 fourcc coded movies are checked as NOK, but DIVX is installed.
- No way to detect wich codec from DivX4.0 to 5.02 with pro features.
- For duration, I would like to have the cents too (frame precision), it would help for edition.
- I had to drop an AVI in the root of my HDisk and select it to be able to recurse...
- If I don't check 'clear list before select', then I get:
Access violation 0x401FB4 in avicodec.exe. Read of address 011A.
- Once checked it works in a subs containing more than 70 AVI (1.8GB).
But when I recurse the parent directory (it should detect 143 AVI for 40GB), I get quite immediatly a list of 79 files (including the previous one)recursed from 6 dirs and an other Access violation 0x4020D2 ...read at 0001.
On an other disk containing 107 AVI (67GB) in their subdirs, It freezes about 25s and I get a list of 5 files from the root and 4 subdirs and an other Access violation 0x404CD3 ... read at 131000 (why so far?.

(I'm running a fresh XT Pro SP1, DivX5.02 and WinDVD are the only codec added to Windows)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20